11) Double Date

Kayla

When Brooklyn screamed, all I could think of was the worst. She was freaking out because I, a nobody, was best friends with Niall James Horan. Well, that's what I thought anyways.

"You you you knew Niall? I knew.." She was still trying to process her thoughts as I tried to wipe my tears away.

"I knew Zayn." She said softly while she took my hand.

"What?" I said very confused. "Look Brooke. I'm not kidding and I just opened up to you. This isn't that funny." I told her getting a little upset she was playing around in my time of hurt and pain.

"Kayla, I'm not joking. Zayn was my best friend in high school. We did everything together. Everything." Brooklyn said with sincerity.

"There's no way." I said believing her finally. "Are you serious?" She nodded her head and told me a few stories and even pulled out a locked photo of her and Zayn from her iPhone. "Wow. What are the chances we meet Brooke? Me, Niall's old friend and you, Zayn's old friend."

"I have no clue, but its pretty awesome." She replied while I got up and wiped the last few tears from my face.

"Niall, before he left said he never would leave me like this. But he did and that's what hurt the most." Brooklyn nodded an hugged me hard.

"I know. Trust me." When she and I let go, I noticed Sam and Will standing a few yards off talking while watching us. I pointed to her boyfriend while I grabbed my phone and hers.

Samuel approached me as I turned around, his green eyes looking into mine trying to see what was the matter.

"Kayla?" He asked and I just hugged him. He hugged back even harder. "You know I'm here for you right? Through anything."

I nodded and looked to him.

"Thanks Sam." He smiled and took my hand which surprised me because usually guys do that when they like you.

Then we walked back to the cafe and the One Direction program was off.

Later that evening we had volleyball practice. As soon as I removed my sweatpants and hoodie because of the cold again, I started to run a few laps.

Thats when Will and Brooklyn entered hand in hand making me awe silently in my head.

When she got her kneepads on and said goodbye, I called the girls in and had us stretch. Ten minutes went by until I notcied the practice was unusually peacefull.

"Wait, wheres Morgan?" I asked everyone knowing the peacfullness reason. They all shrugged not knowing, while Coach looked angry her starting setter didn't show to practice or even give a text as to why she didn't show.

But when Morgan walked into practice with thirty minutes left and on the phone, is when things got interesting.

"Morgan! Who the hell do you think you are coming in late like this young lady?" Coach yelled at Morgan who was just now putting her shoes and kneepads on.

"Uh, Morgan." She answered plainly and with attitude. Coach hates attitude.

"One hundred full court suicides. Today." She said as she got in her face. But Morgan wasn't done.

"What? I can't spend time alone with my boyfriend for one whole day? Gosh!" She pouted pulling her pads up.

"You defintly can't when it interfers with the scholarship your here for! Now get going or I'll kick you off the team." Coach threathened which caught Morgan's eyes.

"Cut me? The best setter in London. Off this team? Ha! Good luck." 

"Dont make me Morgan! I will and you know it."

"Okay." Morgan replied and got to work on her suicides.

Coach returned to us with anger, but let us have a scrimage game. 

After practice was over, I immediatly jumped into my slides, hoodie and sweats then waited patienly for Brookyln to finish her talk with Coach and be ready to go.

When she walked over, I noticed a figure by the doorway. It was Morgan who seemed to be kissing a dark figure outside the door. I rolled my eyes at her stupidity and looked away. 

I motioned to Brookyln at what I saw then she fake puked. I wonder who her boyfriend was.

But all those thoughts left my mind as I saw what was waiting for us back at our dorm. On each of our beds were flowers and a card. Mine read this.

Kayla,

Join me and Will and his lovley dinner date for an enjoyable evening? Pick you up at 9.

Yours, Samuel.

I smiled and set the note down and turned to Brooklyn who had a wide smile on her face as well. 

Double date here we come.