13) Starbucks adventure

Kayla

I couldn't believe Will. Dosent he see his coach everyday? It Dosent make sense as to why he would blow all of us off for him. Don't get me wrong, coaches are amazing, but when your on a date, at least ask for some space for your date. Do it for her.

But Will didn't and everytime Brookyln tried to say something, the two would go back to the topic of lacrosse. It was a hassle trying not to hit Will straight across the face. Samuel made sure I didn't by holding my hand and rubbing tiny circles to calm me.

I got restless after a while and tapped bored Brooklyn's foot.

"Lets get out of here." I mouthed to her. I texted Samuel we were leaving so I was not rude to him and then got up.

When Brooklyn announced we were leaving, Will automatically became aware of his actions.

"Took you long enough." I mumbled when I walked past him outside. I said goodbye to Samuel, and ran to catch up with Brooke.

As I left, I turned back to say sorry to ditching Sam. He shrugged and then motioned for me to go on. When I turned around I hit full force into a body.

"Oh dear Jesus." I said on the floor looking up to who I ran into.

"Sorry." The voice said in a British accent that seemed forced. Probably American learning to adapt to the British ways. My Irish blood wouldn't do that. My accent has stuck all these years.

"It's whatever." I told the guy in a SnapBack and glasses. He offered me a hand which I took and got up. "Thanks." I dusted myself off and said.

"Your Irish yeah?" The stranger suddenly said. I nodded but then made my way to the door.

"Wait, what's your name?" He yelled as I walked outside, but he seemed creepy, so I ran into the cab Brooke was holding.

I didn't want to worry Brooklyn out of her wits anymore, so I stayed quiet about my meeting with that strange accent dude.

At home, we both changed super quick and hit the bed. Brookyln was the one who fell asleep first. I sat there awake thinking how much of a jerk Will was. I set my mind to talk to him tomorrow without Samuel so I could bet him up if necessary.

But that would have to wait because volleyball practice started at nine.

As the usual Alarm came on, I jumped from bed and got dressed. Feeling up to a breakest, I waited for Brooklyn to get out of the bathroom to tell her I was going to the near Starbucks on campus. She asked for a mocha frappe, so I of course added that to my list of things to order.

Then I told her I was leaving, grabbed my practice bag and headed to my car.

It is still cold here in London, but I'm getting used to the familiar winds and cold days spent inside.

As I pulled into the Starbucks Parking lot, I quickly ran inside and ordered my refreshments. It took a good five minutes to get to the register, then seven more to get my drinks.

I waited in a nearby seat. Thank The Lord for wifi.

As I sat down and texted Brooklyn I would be back in a good ten minutes so we could head to practice together, I looked out into the snowy weather.

What I saw killed me inside.

By the dumpster was a small animal creeping through the snow. Leaning forward to the window, I saw it was a dog.

Not just a dog. A puppy.

Standing up, to see better I almost ran to the poor little one. But then my name was called and the impatient man maybe was going to drop my drinks if I didn't take them. So I took my drinks and headed to my car and carefully unlocked and placed my coffee inside.

I turned my attention back to the dog.

He was by the dumpster now, treading though the snow that was not much, but a lot to him.

He was a Russell terrier with beautiful big eyes. The worse part was, he looked starving. You could see his bones. Little one was freezing as well.

Quietly I approached the dog as to not scare him.

He turned and saw me when I stepped on a leaf.

"Whoops." I said. His little head snapped to me and looked frightened. Slowly I bent down and stuck my hand out for the little one to smell. "Here love, I won't hurt you." Slowly, he came and checked my hand for food. I had none, so he cowered away soon enough.

But now I knew what to do.

I ran into Starbucks and bought a muffin then ran back to my new puppy friend. Slowly I fed him piece after piece, gaining trust from him each time till he was sitting in my lap. Three muffins later and still hungry.

He licked my cheek when he finished.

"Come on little one." I said to him picking him up slowly and gently. "Let's get you home."