Deal

Saichi Yamazaki

Dimitrius and I sit across from each other but close enough that I can feel his knee occasionally brush mine. I cross my legs and we order red wine. The investigator that I spoke with opened my eyes to a very critical situation. He asked me if I knew the whereabouts of Levi Ackerman. He is being investigated for multiple murders. Until they have more evidence, they can't bring him in. I will not allow Levi to go down for his past. He's a lot different and doesn't deserve it. "This has to be important for you to dress so tempting for me."

I lean forward and smirk. I did it on purpose. "Dimitrius, you are the biggest perv I know. I also know I can get you to do just about anything if I give you something to think about when you can't get one of conquest in bed."

"That's fair." The waiter comes with our wine and pours us each a glass. We don't bother ordering dinner. We won't be here long. "Your father keeps me updated with the whole bounty thing but I doubt that's why you brought me here." He always sees right through me. I hold out my hand and Takahiro hands me a small yellow envelope. Inside holds about fifty thousand yen.  I slide the envelope across the table. He weighs it in his hand and sighs. "What is it this time?"

The last time I gave him an amount like this, I asked him to erase Maki and Aki's scientific records so no one besides Hange and I could access them. Things like this, Dimitrius can do but it is very costly. "Levi is being investigated."

"I thought his records were gone."

"I thought so, too."

"So, what do you want from me?"

"Make it go away, Dimitrius. Anything that could possibly have him be arrested, burn it."

He narrows his eyes and tucks the envelope away into his jacket. "I don't know about this."

"Please, Dimitrius. I need this from you." I place my hand over his. "I will do anything."

"Fine. Answer me something." He sips his wine. "You have been searching for the man that wants you dead. It is very obvious that he's a yakuza leader. Instead of going into hiding, you keep digging. What do you plan to do when you actually find him?"

"That's simple: I'm going to wipe him and his entire clan out."

"Hmm. Sounds reasonable." Sarcasm. He sets down his glass and clears his throat. "Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Just about."

"What if they kill you first?"

"They won't."

"What has you so confident?"

I pull out my wallet and dig out two of my small pictures. The first one, in particular, was taken just a few days ago when Yuri and Haru went to school for the first time in a while. It's them outside with Aki and Maki. The second is Levi walking down the street, holding Eren's hand as he took him to his first day of daycare. Eren was so excited and went on for hours about everything he learned. He has new friends, including Armin and Jean. I slide him the pictures. "I will do anything to protect them, even if it means getting more blood on my hands. Anyone that threatens my family will have me to answer to and I'm sure you understand that."

Dimitrius never knew his parents or any relatives but he has an adoptive daughter that he holds very dear. She is sixteen now but he goes out of his way to do what is best for her. Two years ago, someone went to his home and threatened to shoot her if he didn't pay a ransom. Needless to say, that man is now six feet under. Dimitrius looks at the pictures and softly smiles. He has a soft spot for family, specifically Eren. He gives me back the pictures but I shake my head. "Keep them. I have plenty. So, will you do it?"

"Of course I will. Just... Be careful, Saichi."

I smile at him and nod. "I will, Dimitrius."

"I will help you with anything you need. Just say the words."