22

WITH MUKURO

"What the heck is going on?" Tsuyuki asked as she looked around.

One moment they were talking outside, the next they were in a building that looked like a gym. Chrome stepped to the center.

"I made the building," she said, gesturing at their surroundings. "Now you make the equipment."

The Edolas group blinked.

"'Made the building?' Are you saying she did this in a second?" Hayaki asked.

"This is a battle of illusions. No real props are necessary. They can make it themselves," Reborn told them.

With that they turned back to the fight and saw that Kakurei added the necessary items for any sport you can think of.

"Now what?" he asked.

Chrome held out her right hand and Mukuro gave her his trident. "Now we fight. If you are able to trap me, you pass. If I trap you, then you fail,"

With that Chrome, slammed the trident on the floor, and plants came sprawling out of the ground and attacked him. Kakurei was able to dodge them, but he stumbled when another plant grabbed his leg. Chrome then turned her attention away from him, confusing the others until they saw that the plant had the basketball pole and not Kakurei. Then a hole appeared under Chrome, and she jumped away before she fell through.

"Ah, I can't tell what's going on," Tsuyuki complained as she watched.

No one reacted to her statement, as they were all focused on the weird game of 'keep away' taking place in front of them. Chrome then threw the trident into the air, and when it came back down Mukuro was the one who caught it.

"Kufufufufu, switch and see if your other half can keep up with me," Mukuro said.

Kakurei didn't look too sure about that, but he switched with Muneyo anyway.

"Kuhuhuho, me keep up with you? Why don't you try to keep up with me?" she said, and formed a trident of her own to go against him.

Mukuro tilted his head. "Ohya? Do you know how to use that?"

"You'll find out," Muneyo told him.

She then attacked him and the two weapons collided. After a moment, Mukuro kicked her and sent her to the other side of the room.

"You haven't been to hell yet," he stated, and Tsuyuki got a bad feeling about the way he had said it.

"Define hell," Muneyo shot back at him.

"Why don't I just show you?" He then ran to her and was able to cut her skin with his trident before he backed away.

At first nothing happened. But then Muneyo started to scream in pain.

"Hey, what's happening to her?!" Taru asked/demanded.

"I'm showing her one of the paths of hell. The first one, the path of hell," Mukuro responded calmly. "If she can stand up and show that she still has her mind, then she passes. Also, if you are wondering why I am trying to keep this match fast and short, it's because I like to work fast. I said that for your information, Miss. Vongola." Tsuyuki puffed out her cheeks in indignation at what Mukuro called her.

The sight of Muneyo's torment set everyone on edge as they continued to watch Then, Kakurei started screaming as well.

"Oh? It looks like he found her," Chrome mumbled.

A few moments later the two of them stopped screaming. Then Muneyo stood up.

"You call that hell?" she whispered, clearly unnerved by the illusion but still ready to fight.