Prologue

The prologue is a guideline to the entire plot, please read it because, without it, it's hard to understand the scenes ahead. And the plot has got its' inspiration from the HYYH series!

Thank you for giving your interest in this book!

I heard the storm getting louder by the time. It was surprising that it didn't rain already. When I looked at the broadcast this morning, it showed sunny weather. But for some reason, the sky had gathered ugly grey clouds to cover it and it could rain any minute now.

I must hurry home if I want to make it without getting wet over by the rain. I didn't bring my umbrella, of course, such a typical situation. I feel like I'm living a cliché movie right now. And you cannot always trust what the guy on the television says.

It was Friday night. The busiest day of the week. I'm glad I can get off now and didn't have to stay for the night. Friday always tends to have rude, impatient, and angry customers. They don't understand their behavior they are only causing trouble for themselves by using the time that we could use to serve them food or drinks.

I was in the changing room taking off my waitress's clothes when my friend came. She has the night shift. I kind of feel bad for her as I saw how many people there were and I'm sure she's going to have her hands full the entire evening.

''There are a lot of people there huh?'' she said when she opened her locker. ''You are so lucky to be able to have free Friday night,'' she added when she took her jacket off and put it in the locker. I chuckled.

Yes, I was very happy to be myself for once.

''Yes, you are right,'' I replied while putting my shoes on. ''I'm going to order some food and catch up on some K-drama.''

''Have an excellent night with yourself. I'd visit a bar and maybe try to meet some guy,'' she winked. She has always dragged me to every bar she knows. She has been meeting guys and I'm usually the one who doesn't want to. I want to find the person myself. I believe in destiny or something.

''I think a bottle of good wine will be enough for me,'' I laughed as we closed our lockers and headed back to the actual restaurant.

Yes, I work here. It's such a nice place. It's fancy, I have friends here and the customers are always so nice except now when everyone is trying to get in. Right now the whole place started to fill up with customers.

Like I said, Fridays are always the busiest because people have got themselves a free weekend and we often see some students enjoying their evening here with friends. Many also say it's their way of blowing some steam off their shoulders after a hard-working week. I don't blame them, I wish I could afford to go have a drink or a good meal every weekend.

I said good luck to my workmates and they didn't like my smirking and giggling. Thumbs up for them. Karma will turn this to me eventually when I'm the one staying and they get to go home.