Chapter XIV

Chapter 14: Nightmares

The clock on the wall was driving me crazy

The clock on the wall was driving me crazy. Its' ticking was driving me crazy. It seemed like one second took millions of seconds more. Time was going slow at this point. That stupid clock and the tapping caused by the lady behind that glass were the only things keeping me alive.

Those voices told me that I was in the real world, and this wasn't one of the nightmares I'd been having for the past few weeks.

I woke up screaming and panthing. I lifted my whole upper body and shot my eyes open. Tears were running down my cheeks, and I couldn't steady my breathing. I looked around to see where I was, but it was pitch black.

The only thing I felt was someone's hand on the small of my back and a deep voice. ''Hey? Are you okay?'' I realized it was Taehyung who said that. I quickly turned to him and started crying even more. He didn't question me right away but brought me into his embrace.

Another hand was protectively on my back and the other on my head, and he started scooting in one place. ''Shh, whatever it was, I'm here. Calm down, it was just a dream,'' He tried calming me down.

''Y-you w-were taken a-away... the p-police took y-you away from me...''

Taehyung sighed, embracing me even tighter and kissing my head. ''It was a dream, okay? I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere.''

Somehow, I couldn't believe what he said. None of us knew what was going to happen.

Eventually, he laid both of us down, never letting me go. He was gently stroking my hair while quietly singing lullabies. I fell back to sleep not long after that.

But that same nightmare repeated itself many times after that. I woke up almost every night screaming and covered in sweat and tears. Taehyung had to bear it somehow, and I'm surprised he even managed to do that. I know he has a lack of sleep by just looking at him. He's been staying up, making sure I fall asleep again.

Sometimes, Yoongi heard my screams or another member next to Taehyung's room. They had rushed in to see what was happening on the first night. Yoongi offered to make me feel better so Taehyung could sleep after a few nights, but he always refused. He wanted to be close to me because the cause of my nightmares was his being away.

I was looking at my phone and the clock on the wall repeatedly. I wanted to see if the clock on the wall had stopped working because it seemed to move slowly.

He's been inside for 30 minutes now. And it's killing me. I knew this was going to take a while.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. It was Yoongi calling me. I decided to answer him even though Taehyung might be walking out any minute now.

''Hey, are you guys still at the station?'' Yoongi asked right as I answered. I sighed. ''Yes, he's been inside for several minutes, and I'm growing nervous.''