Chapter I

Chapter 1: The comeback

Ever since that day he left, my mind was blank

Ever since that day he left, my mind was blank. I didn't know what to do. Should I drop the whole thing and move on with my life? It seems almost impossible right now.

In some ways, I wanted to know him more. Know who he is, what got him into that fight, and how he is so sweet but suddenly cold.

I don't know, but I hope I will see him again. It might be impossible since he could be from anywhere. He might not live in this town at all. I'm not the type of person to left things undone, and situations like this frustrate me more than anything.

Since I had a day off, I decided to do some school stuff. I rarely have a day off where I can do anything I want, but I'm behind with some assignments. And I have to do them if I want to graduate at some point.

But then I remembered the breakfast he had brought. I couldn't get that to waste. After all, he spent money on me. I think it was sweet of him.

The food was good. Taehyung brought me waffles with some strawberries and coffee. He didn't have time to eat at all. I decided to put it in the fridge if he came back.

My mind wanted that.

It is the first time I'm interested in some random guy. He had something. I used to read books, and I often wanted to figure it out before actually reading what the outcome was. Maybe that's why I feel so into this situation. He is a mystic guy, and I cannot get over it. He looked familiar too, but I couldn't think where I had seen him before.

It was late afternoon when I was doing my school stuff. The doorbell rang, and I jumped. I didn't know that I was smiling. I was hoping it would be Taehyung. I ran to the door and opened smiling widely, but my smile faded away quickly.

It wasn't him. It was Minah.

Then I glanced at my watch. It was almost 5 pm. Minah must have gotten off work and probably decided to visit me.

''Why do you look so shocked? Do I look bad?'' She asked, looking at herself from everywhere, trying to find something wrong with her outfit or hair.

''Oh no, it's just-'' I started but stopped. Should I tell? She will either freak out or be clingy with the fact that I found some guy.

''It's just what?'' She asked, and I let her come in.

''If I tell you, please don't freak out!'' I said and sat on the couch along with her.

''Okay, but you know I can't promise anything.'' She said.

I cleared my throat and started speaking. ''I met this guy yesterday,'' I said but couldn't keep going before my friend was too excited.

''What!? Did you meet a guy? When? Why didn't you tell me!'' Minah whined, and I tried to make her lower her voice a little bit.

''I said don't freak out! Yesterday!'' She was getting too much excited. But her smile will fade away once I tell her everything.