Chapter VIII

Chapter 8: Never saw it coming

If you prefer a video version 👇🏼:

It was past midnight when I woke up. I felt thirsty, and I had to get up. But I couldn't since Taehyung's arm was around my waist, and he was close to me, sleeping peacefully.

I still couldn't believe we did it, it felt good, and I'm a little sore now. But I need water right now!

I slowly tried to move his hand away from my waist, not waking him up. Once I got it off me, he groaned. I cursed in my mind that I woke him up. But no, he just moved to his other side. I got up quickly and walked to the kitchen.

My phone was on the counter, and I checked the time. It was soon at 2 am. Wow, I usually don't wake up in the middle of the night, but I guess this was the first time for that too. I don't have school tomorrow, but I have work.

I poured water on the glass and drank it in one go. Then I heard weird noises coming from my bedroom. Like someone would whine, even scream. I quickly put the glass in the sink and went to the bedroom.

I found Taehyung sleeping, but he was whining and yelling in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare?

''No, no, please let her be! Don't hurt her, please!''

I rushed to the bed. Taehyung was suddenly sweating, and I saw a few tears on his cheek. I had to wake him up.

''Tae! Taehyung wake up!'' I tried to shrug him awake. I kept doing it for a while, and then he woke up, lifting his body and gasping loudly. His breathing was uneasy, and he was looking around. Until his eyes met mine next to him.

''It's okay, it was a dream, calm down,'' I said, patting his back when he started breathing normally. He suddenly hugged me tightly.

I just hugged him back and let him calm down. I don't know why he yelled those things and what they meant, but I will ask him later if he remembers.

''You okay?'' I asked as I laid him back on the bed, lying next to him, face to face. He nodded.

''You want to talk about it?'' I asked, and he shook his head. ''Why? It was a pretty intense dream because you were screaming.''

''It was nothing, don't worry about it,'' He assured. I still couldn't believe him. Clearly, he was losing someone, and he didn't want it. But who? And was this just a dream out of nowhere, or was he afraid to lose someone? Is someone in danger?

I decided to let him be and sleep. If he doesn't want to tell, then be it. It's understandable since we don't know each other to be able to tell everything. I don't know anything about his childhood or past. And I'm sure he doesn't know mine. But it hurt that he doesn't trust me enough to tell me what is happening.