~Chapter 1~

In The Kouka Kingdom, 
Yona's Pov, 

My mind was rushing around in many thoughts at a time. To stop a war between my own Kingdom and the Xing Kingdom I had sent Hak to the border line and I myself went to the Fire Tribes lit torch. The torch was only lit on fire if we were to attack the other Kingdom of the Kai Empire or if they was to attack us. I was standing at the torch my hood over my head as I was taking a deep breath my right hand gripping onto my brown bow and my left ready to grab a arrow behind me in their pouch.

While I was standing there worried on if Soo-Won would even show and what to really do if he did show my mind was on something else. Before coming here to save my family, the Four Dragons and our friend named Yoon.....I-I had kissed Hak, my personal guard and childhood best friend. It was in heat of moment but I really did have feelings for him. I had done for awhile. I was taking a deep breath as I saw Soo-Won and small part of the large army he had gathered at the castle I was born in.

The castle I once called home. My new family was taken by Xing as they feared war with my own country and wanted me to stop it. At first they thought we was there to attack them when in fact we was trying to make peace. I was worried about them. Zeno, Jae-Ha, Kija, Shin-Ah and Yoon. They had joined me and Hak in our task of finding our new places in this world. They had joined us and we all became family. "Please be ok" I whispered to myself hoping and praying they was able to hear me. Hoping they knew I was coming to save them like they have done to me.

The wind started to blow along my cloak as it was also blowing the bottom of my white with small hint of pink gown blow along side it. Soo-Won was my cousin and once I wanted to marry him. My father was to pick my husband and the next King of our country. Soo-Won used my feelings to be one of the people my father nearly picked but soon denied it so. Soo-Won then murdered my father just for the throne. He used me and Hak. He used our feelings to gain the crown. It had hurt me knowing that.

The person I fell in love with first turned out to be the killer of my own father and tried to kill me. Hak stayed by my side and protected me. I owed him more than anything. I was taking a deep breath as I saw Soo-Won stop his small part of the army still looking quite a lot. I was unsure on how many he had with him. He looked toward me with an emotionless face as he knew I was still alive. He and I ran into each other. Instead of him killing me he told me he still cared for me and let me live my life. 

I couldn't believe him anymore. My own heart wanted him dead yes but he sadly was a good King. He was even better than my own father when came to protecting and helping the people. My left hand moved to the pouch behind me grabbing an arrow as I was ready to fire if needed. I had to get him to stop the pointless war. He just wanted to rule more people and more power. It made me sick to think that. He would kill and hurt people just for power. Soo-Won got off his horse moving toward me as his long, dark blond hair that he had in a side ponytail by using a gold ornament. 

His bangs were parted in half and some strands are longer and wavier than the normal cut once thought of him as beautiful person but now he was nothing but some heartless. He was wearing his normal white robe held by a purple sash under a mauve overcoat with purple hemlines. My breaths had gotten longer as he was moving up the stairs leading to myself and the lit torch. The hand holding the arrow was shaking slightly as normally both would shake at the same time but the hand on the bow was calm as ever.

I was someone banned from even touching a needle or anything that could hurt myself or others. I now was someone who felt better holding a weapon and am better with it than being some 'pretty' Princess. Once Soo-Won showed up I saw his sword on a holster on his right side. "Even you know lighting this for no reason is treason Yona" he spoke as I looked toward him, knowing someone with a bow of their own must of been watching carefully. He was the crowned new King. "And that war would be a pointless bloodbath" I replied.

My voice was harsh and in a way commanding as Soo-Won closed his eyes smiling slightly his face no longer holding emotion as I felt my own heart beat slightly as inside I still loved him. For me to finally stop caring for him so would take maybe even years. Love was something forever stuck with you. "I wonder where is Hak? The letter you got sent to me said the Four Dragons were captured" Soo-Won then asked sounding as if he really did care for the answer as I alone was glaring toward him.

"Soo-Won I have been to Xing. I have met their Princesses as the oldest is in charge and they do not want a fight or war. They will all even the children and elders will fight you and your soldiers to the death" I then spoke not answering him as I didn't want Hak's side of the mission to fail. He was to warn the Xing Kingdom of a maybe incoming attack along with informing them that the Wind Tribe will not attack. Hak wasn't just my personal guard he was a general the youngest ever to be made in our Kingdom.

Hak was also the Wind Tribes leader and even now with him giving the role of leader back to his adopted grandfather they all even the grandfather would all follow his commands. They all trust and care for him more than any King or Queen would get. "You have seen their Princesses huh?" Soo-Won asked opening his eyes looking toward me showing he was happy slightly. I was confused on if I should of even believed his emotions. I stood my ground as Soo-Won sighed shaking his head slightly.

"Yona if I was stop everything for you like I want, I wouldn't of cut you and Hak out" Soo-Won spoke shocking me slightly but my own heart was torn on believing his words or not to do so. He once swore to help protect me and my father. I saw how that went out. "I stand here now because I will protect my family this time. I won't let anyone not even you hurt them again" I then spoke as he himself was shock and I saw some guilt in his eyes as his eyes widen as I turned around fast something telling me something was wrong.

My own gut and mind warning me as an arrow was fired toward me and Soo-Won. I was able to moved but my hood getting caught by the arrow making it be pulled down as Soo-Won pulled out his sword and cut the arrow in half. I had two guards from the Xing Kingdom near by to protect me. The youngest Princess wanted peace the most and we became friends even. She wanted me safe but I wanted to face Soo-Won alone. The two must of been rushing over as I got up fast using the bow and arrow in my hands.

I aimed toward where the arrow had come from and shot as I saw my own arrow go through the unknowns arrow as mine kept going. I saw someone falling to the side away from a wall to the ground most likely was dead. I pulled another arrow from the pouch with my left hand as something inside was telling me there was more. "These are our arrows" Soo-Won whispered in shock as I was shocked also as I was able to see someone aiming toward Soo-Won. My heart wanted to let them fire at him.

My heart also wanted me to be the one to finish him off as I shot toward the person shocking them as I was moving without a second thought on anything. I was trusting the aim I was getting at first try and didn't miss at all. Soo-Won himself was shocked by my skill as looked toward him my hair blowing as he was in shock looking toward me. "With or without your help I will stop this war, you want to know about Hak? He is in place in case this fails" I then spoke loudly in some rage as Soo-Won put his sword away.

"You did just save me, I can call it off for now Yona" he then spoke as he started to move back down the stairs as a smile came upon my face. I had done it. I saw Algira and Vold rushing to my side as they was the two body guards of Princess Tao of the Xing Kingdom. "YONA!" I soon heard Vold's voice echo as Soo-Won turned around not very far down the stairs fast worried as a huge amount of pain hit me in the back. My mouth open as blood came out of it also as my whole body was shaking, I dropped my bow to the ground.

My two new friends and guards for the moment were soon attacked by unknowns as a group went at Soo-Won also to where his soldiers moved to attack and help as I went to the ground. "YONA" I heard Soo-Won's voice before everything went black and cold.