Chapter 8 - The Bonding

"It might not sound that bad to you."

"I'm listening."

"We met at the start of high school and we started off as really good friends. We then got closer and ended up in a relationship, that was about 1 and a half years ago. We would argue quite a bit and he was quite controlling when he wanted to be. About 3 and a half months before I came here, I found out from Matthew who you now know is my best friend Clara's brother, that's he cheated on me. Him and the school slut would hook up behind my back. When he was drunk he also told her about extremely personal things about me and my family which I never wanted anybody knowing and she told a lot of people, who would always have something to say about what had happened. Even before I found this out I started to feel different about him. So I dumped him and he now won't leave me or my friends alone. I thought I loved him but after what happened and how I felt before and after I found out what he did, I finally realised that what I felt couldn't of been love."

"How did you feel after?"

"Of course I was hurt. I was hurt because it showed he had no respect for me or didn't have the dignity to tell me. But I wasn't bothered that it was over. It didn't phase me. The one thing I would never go back to is a cheater. If you don't want to be with someone just end it, don't stay just to cheat."

"I agree with with you on that. See if I ever came across him in life. Just know I'd beat the shit out of him."

"I hold you to that."

"I know that I've not known you for that long and even though you annoy the shit out of, with your late night, very very loud gossiping sessions with your friends or how you get too excited when you play games with Ethan on his PlayStation 4 and scream the house down, I know you seriously deserve so much better than someone like that."

He gives me a slight smile before standing up and stretching his hand out, I take it slowly and he pulls me up, right in front of him, chests touching.

I once again notice him slowly looking down my body, his eyes stop for a few more seconds on my lips before returning back to my eyes.

"Maybe we should get going."

"Yeah.." He stands back and picks up the bag from the floor.

I take one last look of the view but I hear a clicking noise. I turn round to look at Tyler and he's rummaging in his bag.

"Put this on." He throws my t-shirt back to me. "You're distracting and I don't want to fall walking down this."

Once we get home, we see another note sitting on the kitchen counter.

"My mom loves a note huh?"

I laugh cause it's true. Ally is always leaving notes for people around the house. The note says that they are at the boys grandparents house for dinner.

Tyler's phone then makes a noise and he pulls it out and frowns as he reads the message on the screen.

"That was Daniel, I'm going to go to his house for a bit. Will you be alright by yourself?"

"Yeah course. I'll see you later." I smile while grabbing a bottle of water.

"Text me if you want me to bring you anything back or text me if you need me, I'll see you soon." Tyler then quickly heads out and locks the door behind him.

I head up the stairs and get changed in to some clean comfy clothes and head back down to the living room to watch some TV, not long after my phone vibrates.

I pick it up to a message from Christopher asking me if I wanted to come round, I text him back saying I'd be round in 10.

I throw on some shoes and grab my earphones and keys and head out the house.