Chapter 13 - The Closeness

I wake up early, feeling pretty good. It's been a bit more than a week since the lake night and Tyler has been extremely nice to me since.

Ally and him had a huge argument the day after about his drinking which caused the house to be a little awkward for the day.

I decide to go a run considering that its very early so it wouldn't be as warm as it will be later. I put on a pair of black running leggings, a sports bra, a white baggy singlet and black and white running shoes.

I tell Mark where I'm going as he's the only one downstairs.

I've been on my run for about an hour and when I run in to Daniel. "Hey you." He smiles.

"Hey, what you doing out so early?"

"Just running a few errands with this little monkey." He gestures towards the little girl holding his hand, who must only be about three. "You spoke to Tyler yet?"

"Hello you." I smile, I get the most adorable smile back. "Well I mean, I speak to Tyler everyday so.." I query, while giving him a weird look.

"That means no then."He smirks. "I gotta go my moms expecting me back soon, talk to Tyler. By the way you's are both very similar."

"In what way?"

"Both sarcastic assholes." He winks. "I'll see you soon."

The only thing I could think about while running home is what Tyler wants to speak to me about.

Once I'm home I run up the stairs, ready to have a cold shower but when I get in to my room, Tyler's waiting, sitting on my bed with his head in his hands. Shirtless. Which is very distracting still.

"Tyler..?"

"Daniel told me about what happened at the lake."

"Oh." I'm unsure what to even say.

"I should have been there for you."

"What? No.."

But he interrupts me. "I should of been the one to comfort you, not Daniel. Obviously he didn't mind, he was just glad he managed to help but I should have been there, not drunk off my ass. I'm the one who brought you there I should of been there."

"It's not a big deal." I lie.

"Don't lie Carson it doesn't suit you." He gives me a little half smile. "What even happened out there?"

I think back to how I was feeling when I thought someone was coming after me. "It just seemed like a nightmare I always have, I'm in this dark, scary wood and someone's coming after me. It's due to something that happened a long time.."

I change the subject not wanting to get in to it.

"But at the lake, it seemed so real. I could of sworn that someone was there, I never saw anyone but I could sense it, you know? So I ran and ended up running in to Daniel and well, you know the rest."

"Why did you run off anyway? What were you doing?" He asks, genuinely curious.

"I was.. I was um.." I didn't know what to say, I didn't want him to think I was looking..

"You were looking for me, weren't you?"

"I know what you're think, it wasn't you're fault. You had no idea that would happen and neither did I. Honestly, it isn't a big deal. You don't have to look after me Tyler."

"You were looking for me." Tyler repeats quietly.

"Imagine someone was actually there Amelia! Imagine you got.." and that's when something clicked inside him.