Prologue: Starting the Day With Optimism

Everyone has a fate.

Everyone has a story.

What makes a person so unique is their one-of-kind destiny. While some try so hard to conform to society, with stories very similar to others, there are a few exceptions that are lucky enough to leave their marks on the world, with stories that have not been created until now.

This is Adam's.

"Gooooooooood morning, beautiful and sunny Scottsdale, Arizona! It is approximately 8 o' clock AM, meaning if you're heading to school, now would be a great time to wake up! Today, April 22, 2099, there isn't a cloud in the sky, and temperatures will reach the triple digits for the first time this year! That's hot! Anyways, this concludes this morning's Arizona-wide alarm clock program! We thank you for waking up with us, and we hope you have a pleasant day!"

    Adam awoke to this daily message with a smile, sitting up in bed and taking a deep breath. He opened up the curtains and looked out the window, shielding his eyes from the blinding sun. Once his eyes had adjusted, he knew how perfect today was going to be! He quickly got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.

    "Morning, honey!" Adam's mom called when she heard his footsteps racing down the stairs.

    "Morning, Mom!" Adam replied, a giant grin on his face. His tuxedo cat with green eyes, Alice, came up to him and started rubbing against his legs. He wished her a good morning as well, petting her on the back as she purred loudly.

    "You seem happy today!" his dad stated, drinking a cup of coffee and working at his laptop. "What's the occasion?"

    Adam's grin grew even larger. "Apparently, the school is announcing something VERY BIG today!"

    "Really?" his mom stated as she poured herself a cup of coffee. "What kind of announcement?"

    "That's the thing!" Adam poured milk into his bowl of cereal. "We have no idea! We hear that it's an incredible opportunity, whatever it is!"

    "Well, whatever it is, tell us first thing when you get home!" Dad smiled.

    "Sure thing, Dad!" Adam replied cheerfully.

    Adam finished his cereal, grabbed his backpack, and began to walk out the door to go to school.

    And, like they did every day, Adam's parents shouted, "Have a good day at school! We love you very much!"

    And he always shouted back, "I love you too!"

    Smiling, Adam hopped on his hover board and set off on his journey to school, confident that today was going to be one of the best days of his life!

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the "first" chapter of "Field Trip!" I don't plan to have this updated on a set schedule, but I promise that I will update this as soon as possible! Anyways, after I dreamed about this, I knew I wanted it to be a book because it had such a perfect and unique plot! That's why, all of the sudden, even though I said I literally had no ideas, I got an idea! An actual, original idea! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next few chapters to come! :)