"Novel" Completion Progress

Hello everyone! I just wanted to write a quick announcement on how Field Trip is going!

     ...I lost NaNoWriMo.

     But you know what? That's totally okay! I'm still very proud of myself for updating my word count almost every day this month and getting my final word count for the challenge to 21,033 words! If you compare that to the biggest book I have ever created, which took me 8 months and ended up being about 35,000 words, that's about 4,375 words a month, which means I wrote 5 times more than that this month, so I am VERY happy with myself! And if any of you attempted NaNoWriMo, whether you won or not, I am very proud of you doing something challenging, and you should be proud of yourself too!

     Now, what does this mean for Field Trip? Well, there are two things I need to explain.

     First off, it's not going to be a full-length, 50,000 word novel. Sorry guys, I tried, but this first draft isn't getting any bigger than 30,000 words. It might be a full-length novel after multiple drafts WAY into the future once I have the structure of the story down by heart, but not now. Could the first draft be a novella? Potentially, yes, but we'll see.

     Second, I have an official deadline for the completion of Field Trip: December 15, 2017. Why this date? Well, I am planning on submitting Field Trip into an awards ceremony that takes place at my school every year (I forgot what it's called), and that is the last day to submit it. So that is when my novel will be completed.

     When will the first draft of the completed book be published on Wattpad? No later than December 31st, 2017, so you'll have to wait a little longer, but not too much longer! :D

     After that point, I will switch between working on the next draft of Field Trip and other things I wanted to work on, like a music video for the song I wrote! More info on that MUCH later!

     That's it for now! See you soon with the completed story! I can't wait to share it with you all!

~Cara