Chapter Five: Handing Over the Envelope

Later that evening, after Adam finished his homework, he took the top secret envelope and the other field trip papers out of his binder. He walked downstairs and handed the envelope to his mom, along with the other forms.

    "What's this?" his mom asked as she looked at the papers.

    He pointed at each of the objects as he named them. "That's a permission slip, that's a medical form, that's a schedule, and that's-" he stopped at the envelope. "That's an envelope which I do not know the contents of..."

    "What for?"

    "Our class is going on a field trip to space!"

    "Space?" his dad shouted from the other room. He ran into the living room. "Your class is going on a field trip to space?"

    "Yeah!" Adam smiled.

    "Wow!" his mom gasped. "That's incredible! When do you go?"

    "All the information is on these papers, including that envelope, I think!" Adam responded.

    "Speaking of the envelope, you said you didn't know what's inside, right?" she asked.

    "Correct. Apparently, you and dad are the only ones that are allowed to know what's in it..."

    "Huh. That's odd." She then proceeded to open it and read a few lines. When she did, her smile faded. "Adam, honey, would you go to your room and not come out until we come to get you? Your father and I have to discuss this alone, the instructions say."

    "Why? Do you know what's on it?"

    "No, not yet, but the instructions say to make sure you are nowhere near us before I continue reading. It was the first thing listed on the paper."

    "Alright." Adam said, and his mom kissed him on the forehead.

    "Thanks, sweetie. We will come get you when we're finished."

    Adam then went up to his room and closed the door. When his parents heard the door shut, they both proceeded to read the rest of the classified information given in that envelope.

A/N: OOH! As I'm reading this, I'm thinking, "Damn! This is getting good!" Even though I obviously know what's going to happen, being the author! I'm wondering myself what the heck is in that envelope, even though I already know! So what do you guys think is in the envelope now? Let me know in the comments!