Chapter One: The Familiar Road to School

As Adam continued along the sidewalk, he saw his friends on their hover boards up ahead.

    "Mark! Ryan! Landon! Wait for me!" He sped up to them until he was next to them.

    "Hey Adam!" Mark greeted.

    "Hey guys!" Adam replied. "Are you guys excited for the big announcement in our homeroom?"

    "Yeah, I'm happy that they're announcing it when we're all together in Mr. Samson's class, first thing in the morning!" Ryan stated.

    "Oh yeah! Crap, I forgot about that!" Landon said.

    Ryan laughed. "You would."

    Landon gave Ryan a death stare.

    Ryan laughed again. "Geez, chill! I'm just joking! But seriously, you forget about everything!"

    "It's true! You do!" Mark added, and Landon rolled his eyes.

    Adam chimed in, "Yeah! I'm sure that if we were ever separated for some reason, you would probably forget I existed the next day!"

    Landon finally smiled and chuckled. "No I wouldn't! Shut up!" he joked.

    Just then, a self-driving car passed by.

    "Damn! That's a cool one!" Mark pointed out the car.

    "You always say that, Mr. 'I'm-an-expert-in-all-things-cars.'" Adam teased.

    "Adam, shut up." Mark laughed.

    "I wish I could have one." Landon sighed.

    "Well, you can't. You know that only kids that can buy their own self-driving car can buy one. Parents never buy it for their kids because of how expensive they are!" Ryan stated.

    "These kinds of cars came out in 2030... You would think the prices would've gone down..." Mark argued.

    "Yeah, but you can afford those models from 2030 today... It's the newer, cooler models that are so expensive." Adam added.

    They continued talking as the group made their way to school. When they arrived, they parked their hover boards and went inside.

A/N: Just to let you know, chapters like this will be short because they aren't as important. It's just meant to introduce you to some of the characters and their personalities. As you can probably tell, I'm very excited about this story. :)