Chapter Twenty Five

To Corla, the dance lasted mere seconds. The song started off with an eerie strum of the violin, and then ended with a final note hit from the old rustic piano. Before she knew what she was doing, she smiled brightly toward the proformers before they continued with another song. She turned her head slightly toward Vincent, who was looking down at her with the smallest of smiles. Corla both wanted to shake away from him, and look back at him. She chose the second one. With a breath, she eased into his stare right before his lips opened slowly.

"I want to show you something," he whispered softly between the slight space between the two of them. Corla nodded, not fully noting the words he had spoken. Vincent grabbed onto her hand and lead her smoothly out of the ball room, through the main doors, and around the castle to get to the back garden. On the journey, no words were spoken, but Corla had to think, where was he taking her?

With a sudden halt, Corla jumped and looked sideways at Vincent before giving a once over of where they were. In front of her eyes were hundreds of different flowers on unique flower beds. Being pitch black alright meant that some of the flowers were beginning to curl up into pods. Corla walked over toward the roses and ran her fingers gently up the stem before touching the petals. You learn to appreciate a flower more as it's whole, rather than just the beautiful explosion of colour.

Slight cuts from the thorns and blood decorated her finger tips, but she didn't care. Corla walked further into the garden and knelt down besides some of the bluebells that seemed to bounce like the church bells. A smile bit at her lips before she continued down the garden until she spotted the wilting rose. It was the only flower she had seen that was wilting. She tilted her head and walked toward it hesitantly, seeing the thorns dull and the stem just as lifeless as the flower whole. She frowned slightly before she felt a pang of panic. 

It was time for her master plan.

_______________________________________

I wanted to update this because this is one of my favorite story lines I've had...but I only had a few minutes to write this so I'm sorry if it's not the greatest and that it's short.

But I hope you all enjoyed! If you did, please vote...

And follow me if you haven't already!

Peace out Secrets and God bless you all!

-S