Chapter Twenty Seven

Corla danced around the people in the ballroom, all giggling with their partners and dancing along to the old fashioned music that was playing on the piano and cello.  To Corla, nothing about this was beautiful. For she could not focus on the beautiful things when there was more drastic things to deal with. If she didn't get her servant back, her plan would fall into ruins.

She turned the corners after childishly bumping into a few of the guests. However, none of them looked at her with hateful glares. Instead, they offered gentle smiles and accepted her mutter of apology. This was not normal for Corla, and she was sure she didn't like it.

Corla continued to bolt as she tried to figure out which turn to take next. Nothing was special about her plan right now. All she needed was her servant and then everything would work out after that. Corla had to ignore the nagging feeling in her gut for running away from the prince. He shouldn't mean anything to her. He was just a human who was well known and royal. Besides that, what was different about him than other males? If Corla had interacted with anyone else, there would obviously be a spark of some sort, correct?

What was she thinking? She wasn't supposed to be fixated on some boy! That's for young teenagers to do, not her! For she had things to do and places to be. Maybe soon, the prince would be hers! Or, maybe scratch that...

But her servant did say that she needed to fall in love for the spell to end.

Wasn't that right? Or was Corla just wishing that what she was feeling for the prince was called for?

Either way...Corla needed to get to her servant. No matter what got in her way.