Chapter 1

Okay. I'm sorry.

I couldn't resist this upload. I just needed to start on a new story to help inspire 'Time Bomb' and 'What Do I Do, Without You?' I will be updating those at one point, I just need inspiration and I got a bit when I started writing down other stories. Now I just need the motivation and hopefully once I go on holiday, I'll be able to write better.

For now. Enjoy :)

The dedications for the first few chapters are to writers who are inspiring and who have stories which will make my days that much better. So I want you to check them out, fan them and go read their stories please.

xxx

I sat in English, tapping my pen as paper balls hit the back of my head. Of course I ignored it. It wasn't until something heavy hit my head, I slammed my hands down on the desk and turned around to the culprits who were sat there snickering away quietly.

"What the fuck is your problem hm? Do you hate me that much so you can make my shitty life even worse?!" I practically yelled at them. I watched as they went silent, clearly not expecting this reaction from me.

"Kiana." I turned my head towards my English teacher who was looking at me with concern. She raised her eyebrow and I hesitated before I slumped back into my seat. The class was deadly silent until the bell rang signaling the end of school.

I waited for everyone to leave the room before I picked up my back and I kicked my chair under the desk and started to make my way out.

"Kiana, can I have a word please?" I internally sighed before diverting my route from the door to my teachers desk.

"After that little outburst, instead of giving you a detention like any sane teacher, I'm going to give you an extra credit project." My eyebrows shot up as I internally sighed in relief. She opened her desk and rummaged through it for a minute before handing me a slip of paper. I took it and stared at the one line on the piece before looking at her.

"I received an email quite a while ago about setting up one of the students with a pen-pal. I chose you because not only are you an exceptional writer, but I think this person may have some form of understanding and it might just help you..." She trailed off and I kept my anger in check.

"I'll give it a try, but I don't think anyone can understand what I go through right now, miss." I grumbled before I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. I understood my teacher's concern, but I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to make a new friend who isn't from this hell hole.

Don't get me wrong, this town is wonderful. But the kids here are just cruel.

See, I should have graduated two years ago, but my teachers seemed to find some way of marking my grades down. So I was held back years. Which was frustrating for me. The teachers lied about my age and I tried my hardest not to lose my temper. People knew me for my temper so it was one way not to draw attention to myself. 

I'd just turned 21, and my grades were pretty much perfect, so I prayed that this extra credit would work in my favour.

I reached my Harley bike and put my helmet on before I drove out of the hell. It was bad enough that my parents were breathing down my neck, despite me having moved out. It was infuriating.

I got home to the flat complex that I lived in and I parked my bike up, throwing the tarpaulin over it before I headed into the complex itself. It didn't take too long to get to the fourth floor, where my apartment was located. It was a nice place, and for me it was homely. I instantly shut my door and walked into my bedroom, dropping my bag by the door before I collapsed onto the bed, the relief of finally being able to kick back feeling amazing.