Chapter 14

You guys don't know how hard it was for me to write this chapter. I went back into a darker past of mine to get back some of the feelings when I lost my family member who was my best friend during the festive season. 

I really hope that I did good with this chapter and The first song in this chapter is 'Misguided Ghosts' which is in the external link. The second one is on the side.

Side note: This is all taking place before Set The World On Fire, so bear this in mind.

I would say enjoy, but I certainly didn't enjoy writing this bitch of a chapter. So I hope that you appreciate my efforts of writing in this chapter ♥

The guys spent most of the first and second week in the recording studio. 

I just chilled at home or I went for a walk. It was nice to walk in the heat. Though it didn't stop a few guys asking if I was alone. This caused me to lie a little bit and eventually I took Amelia with me on some of my walks. 

By week three I was bored and ready to shoot something when my phone went off which caused panic to build up in my gut.

"Hello, is this Ms. Rodriguez?"

"Yes, it is her speaking. How may I help you" I walked into the kitchen just as Chris got home and I offered him a smile which he returned before kissing my cheek.

"Under normal circumstances we'd be phoning the next of kin, but we can't see to get ahold of them, your number is the first one which picked up." I felt my stomach drop as my heart's pace quickened.

"What's going on?" I barely got out, my fear causing me to break out in a sweat.

"It's Ms. Mason. She's been in a serious accident." I felt my stomach lurch at his words, but he didn't wait for my response. "We believe that she might not make it through tonight." I couldn't hear anything by that point. Chris was stood in front of my, waving his hands in front of my eyes but I was frozen.

My mind was trying to comprehend the words as I felt my phone get pried from my fingers.

She might not make it through the night. She might not make it through the night.

I snapped out of it when Chris took my hands and kissed my forehead. That's when the dams burst and the tears finally arrived.

"I can't lose her." My words were lost in between the sobs as Chris held me tightly.

"We're going to the hospital. You need to be with her." He murmured into my hair and I simply nodded. 

I was in a trance like state as we left his home, him calling the guys up and telling them to meet us at the hospital.

Before I knew it, we were at the hospital and making our way to the receptionist.

"We're here to see Amelia Mason?"

"Relatives only."

"I'm her sister." I instantly responded, staring at the receptionist. She looked at me apologetically. 

"Sorry miss, She's number 208, second floor." I nodded my head and pulled Chris with me as we headed to the elevator. 

Once we were on the second floor, we found her room instantly and Chris squeezed my hand.

"I'll wait outside so you can spend some time with her." He kissed my knuckles and I vaguely nodded my head before I walked in, my eyes zeroed on the motionless girl who lay on the bed, the only signs of life being her rising and falling chest.