Friendly Dinner

Bey
T.G.I Fridays
August 26, 2017
12:38 A.M.

Me and Nicki were talking and laughing, having a great time. She was just telling me a great story.

"So, they flooded your bathroom?", I asked trying to process this.

"Yes. They left the faucet on and came downstairs acting like nothing happened. My kids are a handful and having to deal with them on my own, it was kinda stressful."

"How did you carry 2 kids at once? What are the things that I have to look for when I have kids?", I asked. Cause I heard your hormones get a little crazy and I'm already crazy enough.

"Well, at least I didn't carry 4 at once cause then I would've been on bed rest a lot. But, you get a bunch of cravings for things that you dont normally eat. I had a lot of back pains and once they were big enough, their kicks were like hell. I had no one but, I had my siblings to help me, so I was fine.", she shrugged.

"What about your parents? Or the father of the kids.", I asked and she looked down then looked at me.

"My parents really wanted a lot of kids. That's how I have so many brother and sisters. But, they forgot about me. I was the oldest so I had to do my own things. They didn't even hear me when I said, "I'm leaving." They just said okay and waved me off. I felt all alone."

"The father of the kids, he was such a sweetheart. He spoiled like my parents should've done. I haven't felt that much love in a long time. Then, he asked me to marry him after 2 years and of course I said yes, but it's like right after the honeymoon," she snapped her fingers "he became a monster. He kept forcing me and abusing me trying everything he could to hurt me. When I finally gave in, after a year, that's when I got pregnant. He was so happy and I was too. He stopped abusing me and we were gonna be a happy family. Can I tell you the rest at the office, please?", she asked and I nodded my head still shocked that she's been through all of that and still manage to put a smile on that beautiful face.

"Go ahead and go, I'll pay."

"Thank you."

She walked away and I watched as her hips swayed a certain way. That girl has to be like the daughter of Aphrodite or someone. I think I just found a nickname for her.

I put the money on the table, with tip, and headed on out to the car. We drove back to the office with light conversation and we both walked in the lobby like nothing happened.

"Okay, so what happened after that?", I said getting straight to the point. She giggled as she started typing on her computer.

"He was acting like the person I knew before we got married. I was looking at the old Robert Williams instead of Meek who didnt seem to care about me at all."

"One day, he came home drunk and said all of these crazy things and I thought is was just the liquor talk. But, then I thought what my grandma would always tell me "drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts." He told me that he was just acting like this for me to be happy and that he stopped loving me after he found out I got pregnant.", she stopped and she was kinda hesitant.

"He told me that the whole time we were together. 3 YEARS wasted and he just goes and fucks another bitch and got her pregnant. Once he was sober, he told me the whole truth. About how he lied, used me, cheated on me. And I was being a good wife, I was being a good girlfriend. I did everything he wanted me to do. But yet, I had to waste 3 fucking years of my life just for that piece of shit."

She wasn't even crying. Its like the more she talks, the more mad she gets. I guess when all of this was happening, she already did all of her crying. God, I feel so bad. How can someone treat her like this.