Chapter 2: Marcus Osbourne

My jaw drops. I must be too drunk. Yep, I've definitely had too much to drink.

I blink several times.

He's still smiling with his hand offered to me; waiting for a response.

After what feels like an eternity of staring to each other, I finally get my voice back. "Sure," is all i manage to say, careful not to show how squeaky my voice right now.

As I put my hand into his offered hand I realize how huge his hand is compared to mine. As I stand up, he puts an arm around my waist and leads me to the dance floor.

I'm still in disbelief as he takes the lead and moves us gracefully along with the music. As we stare into each others' eyes, the world around us ceases to exists. The only thought going through my head is 'Wow, I'm really dancing with the most beautiful man alive!'

I suddenly remember that there's a world that exists, other than Marcus Osbourne's eyes. I look for Maya and find that she's gotten over the shock faster than I did and wrapping her arms around a blond tall guy and dancing too.

I manage to collect my nerves. "You did very well up there, your songs are all amazing." I smile up at him. Gosh, he's so tall, truth to be told I am a tiny bit shorter than average, so any tall guy is a giant to me.

He smiles and straightens up as he says, "I write most of them."

"So Confident, aren't you?" 

He chuckles, "I guess I have all the right to be." He winks.

"Ughh I hate snobs!" Oh God! Did I just say that out loud?

His eyes widen. Honestly, I always say what I think, but how can I say that to HIM?! I guess the drinks made me bolder than I usually am. I look down at our feet not wanting to meet his eyes.

After he recovers from the shock, he laughs a loud laugh. "I knew I liked you for a reason. Do you want to get out of here?"

And go where exactly? I want to ask him, but honestly, I would go anywhere with that man. I nod, we go to my table to take my clutch and I try to wave to Maya who's now snogging the blond guy and doesn't see me.

As we get out of the club, the cool breeze hits me in the face and I wake up enough to start doubting myself. Then he looks at me and smiles. A smile that makes me forget my name. He leads me to his motorbike and we drive off.

I feel the cool air in my hair and his ripped abs under my palms. Euphoria, is exactly what I'm feeling at this moment.

We arrive at a small house at the beach. I get off the bike and he parks it in the garage. He motions that I follow him, opens the front door and invites me in. I lose the will to think. Somewhere in my mind I know exactly what's going on, but I don't think. He sits on the sofa and motions for me to sit next to him, I obey without thinking twice. He puts his arm around me and looks into my eyes.

"Is that how you impress all the ladies?" I blurt out.

He chuckles, "I don't need to impress anyone, believe me. They are usually dazzled on their own."

"Ugghhh, stop being so concieted." I roll my eyes.

He laughs again, "You are speaking as if you're my wife, and I don't even know your name."

Oh my God! I just realized I went home with a guy who doesn't even know my name. "Lizzy." I look away as I blurt. I look at the door wanting to run, but something is holding me back.