Chapter 6: Karma?

We fly the magic carpet around the school grounds. I'm standing behind Marcus with my arms around his waist, "Since when do you have flying carpets?" I shout so he can hear me through the wind.

"We got them as a gift." I sense his smile before he adds, "Would you like to try and fly it?"

I giggle, "You know I would." He holds my hand and carefully pulls me forward so I would be standing in front of him. I almost lose balance but he grabs me with a strong arm around the waist. He places both hands on either sides of my waist. I'm not sure if it's the imbalance, my adrenaline or the fact that I'm back in Marcus's arms that causes my whole body to tingle and shake.

"Now, think and move like you are ordering the carpet."

I do as he says.

"I'm going to leave you in charge, now." He whispers in my ear, making me realize how close his lips are to them.

As soon as he leaves me in charge, we begin to fall and I panic. It takes a few seconds for the carpet to switch between masters. The moment I'm in control, the carpet adjusts according to my body. It feels amazing, it's trickier than flying a broom but that's the fun of it. Marcus's surfing lessons are paying off.

We fly a few rounds around the school before going back to the front hall. It's already deserted as everyone is inside. We follow them to the great hall.

Everyone's there and the new visitors are already seated at our table, I guess they expected that Marcus will sit with us. The moment we enter the Hall everybody stares, but that's not the worst Part. Ramon is running towards us like a beast, "What the hell is this?" He's shouting, and everyone is silent, watching the show he's offering.

"Ramon, let's talk outside." I whisper and look around me trying to make him realize we have an audience.

"Who's that?" Marcus asks arrogantly.

"I'm her BOYFRIEND." Ramon says pressing on the word 'Boyfriend'. Which is absolutely not true! We're just dating. But I keep silent, trying so hard not to make a bigger scene.

"What?! I'm her boyfriend." Marcus challenges him.

I start to panic and beg them both, "Please guys, let's take this outside."

Ramon is shouting so the dead can hear him now, "Right now Elizabeth, you choose between both of us, I'm not going to accept this for one more second."

I'm aware of the whole school staring, "Oh God! Please guys let's not do this here."

Marcus is not backing out, he puts an arm around my shoulder holding his grounds.

Ramon is now angrier than I've ever seen as he glares at Marcus's arm, "Lizzy, I said make your choice right now."

Alright then, he wants a scene let's give him one! "Ramon, you are NOT my boyfriend. We were dating but I was so clear that it wasn't even a relationship yet. And you know it! So stop being do dramatic in front of everyone. Because it won't scare me, and you know it very well. And if you want me to choose, fine. Then I choose him. Happy now?" I didn't mean to raise my voice that much but it's ringing against the walls of the Great Hall.

"Your loss, Lizzy." He spits and starts to walk away.

Marcus says loudly with triumph, "Are you sure about that, Ramon? Is it? Because you see, it's just 2 weeks and I'll be leaving. But I guess now you lost any opportunity to get her back. And you'll regret it, I'm pretty sure." He laughs.

Oh my God! Ramon's back tenses and his ears go red. Marcus tricked him into breaking up with me. I didn't know whether to admire his scheming techniques or to slap him for being a jerk.