chapter 4: The Hogwarts Express.

We apparate to a place I've never been before. It seems like a wizard's town or street because it reminds me of Diagon alley. "Where are we, mom?" I ask curiously.

"Sweden, we need to get your brother a wand." She replies while looking around.

"Why don't we buy it at Ollivander's?" I ask.

She looks at me as if I'm stupid, "He has been attacked, and he's nowhere to be found. I told you several times that it's not safe in England and you don't believe me." We arrive in front of a shop called Gotzone's Wands. "This is the next best thing after Ollivander and Gregorovitch." She explains.

"Did Gregorovitch get attacked too?" Xander asks.

"No, he's retired." She says as she pushes the door of to the wand maker's shop.

We buy Xander's wand from the weird Swedish wizard and disapparate to go home.

In London at last! As I enter my room, I find on my bed several letters. I open them at once. Two of them are from Ginny asking about me, but not giving me any details about what's happening with her. The other 5 are from Ramon, a Ravenclaw 7th year, telling me about his summer and asking me to meet him in Diagon alley when I go shopping for school stuff. I don't remember when did we become friends and why is he writing so much to me. The last letter is from Blaise, replying to my letter that I sent him just before leaving London where I broke up with him and told him I might never go back to Hogwarts again because of my mother, and that it was better to break it off. To be honest, I don't regret breaking up with him. He kept on asking me out all last year and at last I gave up and said yes. He turned out not as bad as I imagined, despite being a Slytherin and friends with the most loathsome bullies in the whole school. But the thing is, he wasn't that special either, it was kind of a relief to break up with him. In his letter he's telling me how broken he is and that he'll be waiting and hoping that I come back after the summer and to pick up where we left off in our amazing relationship, blah blah blah. This makes me laugh so hard, he's probably snogging another Slytherin girl at the moment. I don't even know how he had the guts to ask me out as I'm a Gryffindor. I guess that was one of the reasons I went out with him. I decide to write back to Ramon and tell him when I'm going to Diagon alley and to meet me there if he wants to.

Three days later, we arrive at Diagon alley; me, Xander and my mother, who's holding to us tightly, afraid that we might runaway or something. We meet Ramon in front of Gringotts and he joins us, he is quiet funny and really smart. As we walk through Diagon alley, I realize that several shops were vandalized and feel my heart break. Why would someone do this?

We buy what we need and leave. Ramon decides to joined us as we leave the wizard world and to the muggle world. For some reason my mother feels more relaxed there. We all have lunch in a muggle restaurant. Ramon is pretty excited as he doesn't go out in the muggle world much. After lunch we say our goodbyes to Ramon and he sets off back to the wizard part of town.

"You move on pretty fast, Lizzy. Don't you think?" My mom asks me accusingly the moment Ramon disappears from sight.

"No mom, it's not like that he's just a friend. I miss Marcus, but I'm realistic. I knew it wouldn't last between us with me here and him there." I explain to her, but I can't help but feel guilty for some reason.

"Just a friend! Apparently it's your first time to go out together and he knows nothing about you. I just want to tell you to be careful and stop playing around because someday you're going to get burnt with your own fire."

What?!

"Mom! I'm not playing around! I just follow my feelings. I feel something and I go for it. I never lie or give empty promises." I explain angrily as I feel my face burn. Who the hell she thinks I am?