Chapter 10: Trouble in Hogsmead.

We're going on a date! I smile to myself every time it comes to my mind. It might be a secret date, but I don't care. We're going to meet somewhere other than the Room of Requirements. I've been excited and jumpy all week. I can't wait for the day of the trip. Two more days. I'm leaving the Great Hall after lunch, when someone calls my name "Lizzy, wait up." I look up to find that it's Ramon.

"Hey Ramon, what's up?"

He looks nervous. He's looking at his feet as he speaks, "Would you go to Hogsmead with me?"

I sigh, "Ramon, we've been through this. We're friends, nothing more."

When he speaks, his voice is 10 times lower, "We can go as friends." It's almost a whisper and immediately I understand why, Blaise and Draco are next to us in a second. 

Blaise speaks, "I told you she would say no. Don't you understand? She never re-dates, man." He's sniggering and Draco is smirking.

My face is burning with anger, "Was that a bet?"

They both open their mouths to deny it as they are shaking their heads when Draco speaks while laughing, "And he lost!"

I glare at him. "You're nothing more than kids. And you." I face Ramon, "Aren't you supposed to be graduating this year?" I grunt. "I am not going with anyone. Period."

Draco's still grinning. I push him as I leave. He's being a jerk, getting involved with them in these frustrating games they're playing. I decide that I'm not going see him tonight in the Room of Requirements. That will show him!

It is the time between two classes. I'm heading from the bathrooms to my class when I get snatched and cornered by Draco to the wall. "I know you're upset and probably considering not coming tonight, but please do. I'll explain everything to you, Lizzy." He gives me a quick kiss and walks away.

I don't even have time to take a breath. I stare after him dumbfounded.

After dinner I head to the Room of Requirements without thinking twice. Who was I kidding? I can't not go. I miss him every hour of the day. I count the minutes to be with him. I enter the room and he's already there, trying to mend the vanishing cabinet as usual. He looks pale. I run towards him and hug him from behind.

He turns around and puts his arms around me, "I was afraid you wouldn't show up. It would have been a rough night without you. But now, everything's okay."

How did I ever consider not coming? "You were right. I was deciding not to come. But in the end I would've come anyway. You have a very powerful effect on me, Draco Malfoy." I tell him, blushing. Because he does. I cry when we fight, which is odd because I usually don't cry. When I'm with him, I'm someone else. When I'm not with him, I count the seconds to be with him.

"Don't under estimate your powers on me either, Miss Miller. When I'm with you, I'm a completely different person." And then he kisses me softly, passionately igniting my fire. Then he pulls away saying, "Is it just me or do you also feel the heat whenever we touch?"

Oh my God! We are exactly on the same page. I smile feeling euphoric, "The flames are always there, waiting for your next touch." I gladly admit.

Then he completes my sentence while staring into my eyes, "And they grow bigger and stronger when you're around."

We feel the same. It's mutual. We have exactly the same feelings towards each other. My heart leaps and flutters in my chest. Butterflies are everywhere in my stomach. My head is intoxicated by his scent. And we are staring into each other's eyes, speaking our silent language. Because I realized today that we really do speak the same language, our own special language. This time I'm the one who reaches up to kiss him.