Chapter 12: Trust.

As always, Draco is in the room of requirements, trying to fix the stupid cabinet. He looks paler than usual and tenser. He doesn't see or hear me come in. Whenever I see him trying to fix it, a million questions and thoughts come to my mind and I always ignore them and shove them aside. It's better that way.

"Hey." I say softly, not to startle him while he's in this state.

He turns to look at me with anxiety all over his face. And I hate Voldemort even more, if that was possible. I close the distance between us quickly because he doesn't move and inch, and run into his arms.

"I thought you weren't coming."He says.

I look up at him and see his frown, the one I wanted to kiss a few hours ago to remove. But I speak first, "I wasn't going to." And I reach up to kiss him, but he doesn't kiss me back.

He pulls back and says, "Then why did you come?"

What's wrong with him? I thought only girls PMS.

"Ginny and Dean made up so I didn't need to stay with her anymore. And I had to know what you wrote in your last letter, because Snape caught it and he looked really angry."

His angry frown turns into shock. "What? Snape did what?" He pulls away and paces nervously back and forth running his hands through his hair several times.

"What did you write?" I ask nervously. Oh my God! It's bad, isn't it?

He stops pacing and looks at me. Somehow relieved but anxious at the same time. He comes to me, takes me in his arms and kisses me. I kiss him back forgetting about everything in the world. It's just me and him. Just us.

He pulls back breathless and gives me another soft kiss before saying, "It was nothing, I was just saying that I can't wait to see you tonight. Don't worry about Snape." He strokes my hair and face gently then kisses me again. After a few minutes of sweet kisses, he releases me and turns serious, "Alright Miss Miller, today I'm going to teach you something called Occlumency. It's..."

I interrupt him, "It's the ability to block Legilimency, which is the ability to read emotions and memories. I read about it before, but I don't think I'll be very good at it."

He smiles, "Lizzy, I'm pretty sure you will be. You always close your mind on some thoughts to protect yourself. You know how to distract yourself from other thoughts that bother you. You separate yourself from your strongest emotions. That's why people think you're cold. Just like the way you dealt with Marcus's cheating. Although you didn't love him, it broke something in you, but you dealt with it. The way you love your mother so much, but you always want to annoy her, just to keep yourself from showing her how much you really love her."

I stare at him with my eyes and mouth wide open. When did he read too much into me? How did he know all that? Does he know me that well? And then it hit me, the way he always was, bullying other kids and knowing exactly what to say to hit their softest spot. He reads people very well.

We spend an hour training on how to close my mind, which we both realize that it's harder when we are together. In the end we give up and he just informs me about the ways that Snape can break into my mind to know whatever he wants to know. "Why do you think he'll try to know something from me?" I ask him in the end.

He seems to be deep in thought, "Because he's suspicious already and he wants to know. I don't want him to get to me through you."

I get really confused, what does Snape has to do with all of this anyway? Is he scared he would inform Voldemort or Dumbeldore?