Chapter 9: Detention.

I just realized that it's the first time for Draco Malfoy calls me by my first name this morning. It's the first time that I loved my name that much. Everyone calls me Lizzy, that I consider it my first name. But it sounded so sweet coming from him. As I enter the great hall for dinner, I look for Malfoy. I find all his class mates, but not him. I sigh knowing exactly where he is. I sneak some food into my bag and run to the room of requirements to see him.

As I reach, he's already there. He looks up in surprise. When he sees me, he runs to me and hugs me quickly. "I thought you wouldn't come for a while." He whispers in my ear.

"After this morning?! For you I'd come every day, Draco." I don't know who's more surprised by my response, me or him. He kisses me, and I pull back quickly, but not before I kiss him back, "No more kisses, until you eat."

He frowns in confusion.

I get out the food I stole for him from my bag, "I brought you your dinner."

He looks from the food and back to me. His eyes water, "You are the sweetest, most amazing girl I've ever met." Then he kisses me a kiss that puts my whole body into flames.

After that, we meet every day in the room of requirements. For two whole weeks we didn't miss a day. I can't figure out why I'm doing this with Draco. Every day I ask myself the same question: Why him? My only explanation is; maybe I was used to him as an arrogant brat and when I saw him broken and vulnerable it moved me. I don't know.

"I don't understand how you forgot to do your homework. You never forget! You've been acting really weird lately. I don't see you much and you disappear a lot. Is that all because you're missing Marcus?" Ginny is saying in disbelief as we leave McGonagall's classroom and head to the Great Hall for lunch.

I forgot to do my homework and got into detention for tonight after dinner. Perfect! Now I can't see Draco. I can study really fast and although I spend a lot of time with Draco I do my home works, but this one slipped my mind as I was in such a hurry to go see him yesterday.

I feel really bad about lying to my best friend about everything, so I decide that a little bit of the truth wouldn't hurt, "Ginny, there's something that I've got to tell you. I really didn't know how to tell you before."

She stops walking and looks at me with concern, "What is it, Lizzy?"

I breathe in and start to speak quickly, "I broke up with Marcus since the day of the party, even before the party. That's why he was acting so weird. I found out that he's a pathological liar and was lying about a lot of things, one of them was that he had a girlfriend back home in L.A." She's staring at me with her mouth wide open. I continue, "And not just that, after the party and the scene he made when I left, I went out to clear my head and when I was going back to our common room I found him snogging Stacia."

She gasps, "That bastard! How could he do that to you?! And why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you say something all this time?" Her face is red with anger.

"I didn't know what to say... I couldn't get it out. I didn't want to bother you." I explain guiltily.

"But, that night... you seemed so... happy." Here it goes. She never forgets.

"I had a little too much to drink." Which is true. I smile guiltily.

She hugs me, taking me by surprise, "I'm so sorry. He's an idiot, and you deserve so much better."

A gentleman like Draco, maybe? I did not just think that! Who am I kidding, I did and I do all the time. He is all I think about.

I spot Ramon coming from the end of the corridor, and when he sees me he smiles and heads towards us. I whisper to her before pulling back, "And here comes Ramon."