Chapter Seventeen

Christian Joseph Cortez

Paulit-ulit kong binasa ang pangalang nakasulat sa papel na hawak ko. Students schedule. The name seems, for some reasons, it makes me nervous. Why here? Bakit sa school pa namin?

May kumatok sa pintuan ko kaya umayos ako ng upo at saka bumuntong hininga. Mr. Harris popped in his head with a smile.

"Oh there you are!" Sabi niya at saka binuksan ng mabuti ang pintuan. "I'm here to introduce our new students for this year!"

"Oh!"

Tumayo ako ng makita ko si Christian sa likuran niya. His hands were inside his pockets. He stand there looking down on the floor. I didn't even recognize him. He wasn't paying attention. May headset sa ears niya at para bang walang kasama ang principal namin.

I don't know if it's a curse or what, pero everyone had change so much after two months. Nag mature kami in a way na... feel ko hindi na kami high schools.

"Christian, this is Dennise Michelle Lazaro, the council's president."-Mr. Harris

Kinalabit niya si Christian when he didn't respond. He looked at Mr. Harris, dumbfounded. Tumingin-tingin siya sa paligid niya and when our eyes met, something happened to him. Napanganga siya. Napakurap at saka mabilis na tinggal ang headset niya.

"Let me introduce you to..."-Mr. Harris

"Ah, no need. Thank you." Magalang niyang sabi at saka ngumiti sa principal namin. He walked towards me. "Dennise! Long time no see!" He exclaimed and gave me a big hug.

Oh my god! It felt so strange that I started to squirm. I faked a laugh when he put me down. Lumayo ako ng kaunti sakanya at saka tumingin sa likuran niya. Mr. Harris nod at me before leaving us in my office.

"Hi," I waved my hand at Christian. "What can I do for you?"

"Awe. You're so adorable!" Aniya at akma sanang hahawakan ako sa pisngi pero pinigilan ko siya. "Ang ganda mo pa rin! I missed you!"

This is so creepy!

I started to look at my papers and when I found it ay binasa ko iyon. It was a letter from the principal telling me to tour our new student at the school. Tell everything about the history of whatever.

I groaned. "What's wrong?" He asked with a big smile.

"Nothing. Why did you even transfer to our school?"

"Oh? Is that how you greet your new students?"-Christian

"Yep! Ask them why?"

He thought about it. "Hmm, I think because the love of my life is studying here? And it's been a year that I haven't seen her?"

"Love brought you here?"

"Love! Yes!"-Christian

"Ok?"

I shrugged and pointed at the chair in front of my table. Hindi siya umupo. In fact he went at the chair that I was about to occupy. He put his hands at the back of his head and crossed his legs.

"I want to seat here."-Christian

"Okay." I don't want to deal with this child. "I'm going to start talking about the school's history. The clubs, achievements and..."

"Why don't you talk about yourself?"-Christian

"Then I'm going to tour you before the bell rings."

"Tour me in your world. I want to know you more."-Christian

I ignored him. My hands were itching to grab my phone and text Alexander. It's 7:30 and I'm sure he's not in the school yet. Why did I even asked him to take his sweet time in the morning?! Tsk.