Chapter Thirty-Three

I was crying. I was like a kid crying on the bench outside the hospital. Umaga na nakaupo pa rin ako duon. I wanted to be alone and think about the things that I have done yesterday. I really needed to fucking think on how to move on, and choose the path that I wanted to walk into.

First, I talked with my dad. I was so mad that I acted like a bitch, but I couldn't do anything to change what I did. Everyone doesn't deserve to be treated like that. But I have the rights to be mad as well, noh?

Second, I planned to ruin Alexander's night. I was frustrated, mad, and stressed. That's because I missed him, and could not accept the fact na pinagpalit niya ako sa mas bata saakin. Si Macey.

Third, I drove them to the Hospital. And now, family na sila. Little Alexander came out around 2:36 in the morning.

Yes, I was there! Ayaw ni Alex na makita eh, so, I stayed. I didn't want to leave Macey in that room while giving birth. Ewan. Feel ko nga mas tatay pa ako sa Alex na yun. Tangina, ang tanga ko.

"Coffee?"

May nag offer bigla saakin ng coffee. Lalakeng-lalake yung boses niya. The coffee was in front of my face. I could smell the freshly brewed coffee. Bago ko kunin yun ay tumingala muna ako sa lalakeng nag bigay saakin nun.

"Tulala ka." He smiled.

"You look pale." Sagot ko naman sakanya. "Why are you here?"

He sighed, "To support my brother and his wife."

Napakunot noo ako sa naging sagot niya. He nodded at the coffee he was holding. Kinuha ko naman iyon at saka siya pinaupo sa tabi ko. He sighed.

A long deep sigh came from the both of us. We both leaned our backs on the bench making him chuckle.

"Life is crazy."

"It really is," he looked at me. He was trying to sound happy but he failed. I could see the sadness in his eyes, and I wondered why. "I hate life. I started to hate life since yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you think I am here?"-Christian

"Because you said you're here for your brother and his wife?" I shrugged.

"Aren't you gonna get confused on what I said?"-Christian

"What do you mean?"

Natawa siya ng mahina. I thought about it while staring at him. He put his hands behind his head and stared at the sky. His Adam's apple moved as he gulped.

God, he's only child he said. Wait. Yes! Mag-isang anak nga lang siya. Pero...

"Yeah, I'm not an only child. Or I am an only child with the family I am living with right now. But I am not... with my real family."-Christian

Napanganga ako. I get it! But whoooo...

"Tell me everything!"

"We're both the same. My head is full of shit as well."-Christian

"Ano ba kasing nangyari?!"

"This is not my story, or our story. This chapter of your life is with Alexander, my brother, not me. Kaya..." he stopped when I took a long sip on my coffee. I glared at him after.

"Story mo, story namin, story ko or whatever! Just fucking tell me what happened!"

He moved away and put his hands up. "Don't kill me! I'm innocent!"

"Christian!"

"Joseph Cortez, but real Valdez?"-Christian

"Wait... what?" I whispered.