Chapter Twenty-Nine

"I don't know what to do." I heard her saying. "I can't force him to love me back, can't I?" She wiped her face before laughing so lightly.

I sighed. It's been a while since we came in my room. She was quiet the whole ride. Wiping her nonstop tears. I wanted to feel something, but I just can't.

I have train of thoughts, and it's making me numb.

Tumalikod na ako kay Macey at saka inumpisahang gawin ang University requirements ko. I am accepted to multiple Universities. I should be happy about that, at least.

"Dennise, why are you so nice?"-Macey

"What do you mean?" I asked not looking at her. I grabbed my pen.

"I'm pregnant."-Macey

"I know." I smiled, "And it's my boyfriend's baby."

Napalunok ako at para bang hindi ko kayang huminga ng hindi naiiyak. Yung mapapapikit ka nalang kasi ang sakit-sakit na.

"Why aren't you ranting at me or something? Like complain? Get mad at me?"-Macey

"I'm crazy if I tell you that I'd rather choose to try to understand our situation than getting mad and making it worst."

Silence. Defeating silence wrapped around us. I sighed. Humarap ako sakanya at saka tumitig sa mga mata niya.

"I don't know what to say."-Macey

"You don't need to say anything."

"You're the only person who didn't judge me after what happened."-Macey

I looked away from her. "Who am I to judge? Things happens and we can't stop it." I smiled, "People can't stop it if it's meant to happen."

She looked onto her baby bump. Hinaplos niya iyon at hindi ko maipaliwanag ang masayang pag tibok ng puso ko. I'm excited, that's what I know.

"Too young to have a baby, huh!"-Macey

"Well, it's sad that had happen to you all of a sudden. Pero in contrary to that, it's also something that's precious for you and Alexander."

Her smiles faded, "Alex." She whispered his name with hurt in her voice. I looked back on my book then next to her. "I'm so sorry, Dennise."

"It happened before we became official. That's what I'm trying to think." Sabi ko nalang at saka ngumiti ng pilit. "I'm not judging you nor Alexander. I knew how it feels when you're lost. Having that emotions when you're into it is hard to explain."

She gulped while staring at me. She was about to speak when she felt something in her stomach. Her eyes widened in excitement. Napatayo ako at saka tumitig sakanya.

"The baby kicked!" She exclaimed.

I excitedly seat in front of her. I was about to touch her tummy pero napatigil ako. Napangiti lang ako at saka tumitig sakanya at sa tiyan niya. She is so pretty. How could Alexander not love this pretty innocent girl?

"I think my baby likes you."-Macey

"What gender do you want? A girl or a boy?"

"I wanted a little Alexander." She smiled and my heart broke into pieces. "Day by day, I'm getting too attached to Alexander. Hindi ko alam. Hindi ko naman talaga siya kilala. The baby is not even the reason why I'm starting to like him. It's because I do, like him." Tumingala siya at tumitig sa mga mata ko.

She reached for my hand. Before my hand could even touch her baby bump ay nahulog na ang mga luhang kanina ko pa pinipigilan. I caressed her tummy with so much care and love. My heart was breaking into million pieces. Painfully beating it's ribcage as if it does want to get out of my chest.