Chapter 14

*Kay's POV*

"Wow that's a relief" she said. I nodded, then stopped in the middle of doing so. A thought just occurred to me. Anabel works in the London prison. My dad went to the London prison. "Anabel, do you know a prisoner that was released by the name of Hank Ross?" She nods. I breathe in deeply. "Well. Storytime......."

******************************

Anabel looks utterly confused and for a moment I consider pretending it was a joke, but I didn't want to have to lie to her even more. Plus I had already asked, quite seriously, so she'd probably call my bluff.

"Anabel, my name is Kay Ross. Hank Ross is my dad."

Anabel's eyes widen so much that her eyes look like they're going to pop out of her head. "Wait what! Hank is your dad! That's not possible you guys are total opposites! You don't even look alike!"

I smile. Other people have said that too. I figured I should probably tell her the rest of the story. "It's true. So here's the story. When I was little my dad was an alcoholic but I rarely got to see it because my mom would always kick me out of the room. One day when I was at home with my mom, my parents were talking in the living room. My dad was drunk. He was sitting in the chair and my mom was yelling things at him like "what's going to happen if they come today!?" She knew the police were coming she just wasn't sure when. Almost immediately after my father responded with something along the lines of "I don't care" the police showed up at our doorstep. My mom started screaming at the police officers to let my dad go but they wouldn't. She told me to go in my room but I really wanted to see what was happening. I sat at the top of the staircase. My dad was fighting the officers trying to get them off of him. The last thing he said to me was "you're nothing but a waste of time Kay. I hope your mother kicks you out onto the streets and leaves you there."

Anabel stared at me in awe from the flashback. I could tell she as beyond shocked. If I had just met me I would be too. I certainly don't seem like the type of girl with a criminal for a father.

"I- I'm sorry for staring that was really rude." Her eyes moved down to her lap. "I don't know what to say Kay. I am so sorry."

To her surprise, I smiled and said "Anabel, it's fine. He's out now and trying to have a better life. I'm assuming anyways. I wouldn't want to go BACK to jail. Anabel returned my smile with a nervous one. "Okay" she said. "I really am sorry though"

After that we has a huge heart to heart. Mainly about our lives, and we ended up bawling in each others arms.

"You know I've never really had a girl talk before" I said while wiping my teary eyes on my sleeve. Anabel smiled and said. "Don't worry, Annie's got your back" I laughed. "Annie?" "Yup. You can call me that if you want." "I want" I responded.

After all of that talking we did, Annie had to go pick up Aubree, so I gave her a hug and she left. Just as I was about to settle in and watch "Safe Haven", I heard footsteps running down the hall. There was a banging on my door and I heard Annie's voice not the other side. "Kay I just remembered something!"

I let her in and in a very shaky voice from being out of breath she said, "Jim and Hank. They were cellmates......."

A/N:

You weren't expecting that hahahahaha. Well that's not the first surprise hehehehehehehe I'm really evil. IM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE I FEEL AWFUL BUT YOU FOUND THAT STUFF OUT SO YAY. THANK YOU FOR OVER 214 READS IM SO HAPPY.

Little game thingy. Anyone who comments on this chapter with their username, and story gets a shoutout next chapter.

PLUS WHO READS AFTER BECAUSE UM WHAT. I CANT SAY WHAT HAPPENS JUST IN CASE PEOPLE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT BUT READ IT PLEASEEEE

VOTE AND COMMENT

~Kat