Asylum

~~~~~~Y/n P

~~~~~~Y/n P.O.V. ~~~~~~~

I sat with my back against and the headboard reading one of the supernatural books. Y/f/n on her computer at the table. Through the open door to a joining room we could hear Sam on the phone with a contact of his dad's. Dean was quiet so we figured he was looking at john's journal.

"No, Dad was in California last we heard from him." Sam's voice said. "We just thought he comes to you for munitions. Maybe you'd seen him in the last few weeks. Just call us if you hear anything. Thanks."

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked. I tried really hard not to listen in and continue reading but alas it was not meant to be.

"Nope neither has Jefferson, or Pastor Jim." Sam replied. "What about the Journal any leads in there?"

"Nah same as last time I looked." Dean replied. "Nothing I can make out. I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."

"Maybe we should call the feds file a missing persons." Sam suggested.

"We talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we got the feds on his tail." Dean replied.

"I don't care anymore after what happened back in Kansas. I mean he should have been there, Dean. You said so yourself you tried calling him and nothing." Sam replied.

"I know." Dean replied from our room we could hear Dean's phone ringing.

"You know he could be dead for all we know." Sam said.

"Don't say that." Dean said. "He's not dead he's..."

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam asked. Dean's phone had finally stopped ringing.

"I don't believe it." Dean finally said.

"What?" Sam asked.

"It's a-a Text message. It's coordinates." Dean replied. I stood for my spot on my bed and headed for the door between the two rooms.

"Where do they lead?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." Dean replied standing from his bed and heading to Sam's laptop.

"You think dad was texting us?" Sam asked.

"He's given us coordinates before." Dean replied.

"The Man can barely work a toaster, Dean." Sam retorted.

"Sam this is good news. It means he's ok or at least alive." I said.

"Was there a number on the caller I.D.?" Sam asked.

"Nah it said unknown." Dean replied.

"Okay well where do the coordinates point?" Sam asked.

"That's the interesting part." Dean replied. "Rockford, Illinois."

"Okay and that's interesting how?" Y/f/n asked joining us.

"I checked the local Rockford Paper. Take a look at this." Dean said turning the computer toward us. "This cop Walter Kelly comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth blows his brains out. Earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum."