Dead Man's Blood

We were sitting in a cafe in Nebraska looking for a case

We were sitting in a cafe in Nebraska looking for a case. Dean was flipping through a newspaper, and Sammy was on his laptop.

"Well guys. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you got?" Dean said folding the paper and turning to Sam.

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, and South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived." Sam replied.

"Sounds more like 'That's incredible' than 'Twilight zone'." Dean said. Y/n then began humming The Twilight Zone theme song while she stuffed her face with a chocolate chip muffin.

"Yeah." Sam said.

"Hey you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate. We could drop by and see Sarah again. Huh? Cool chick man, smokin'. You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?" Dean said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I dunno, maybe someday. But in the mean time we got a lot of work to do Dean, and you know that." Sam replied.

"Yeah alright. What else you got?" Dean asked.

"Ahh, man in Colorado, local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home." Sam said. Y/n started choking on her muffin at the name.

"Elkins? I know that name." Dean said slapping Y/n on the back to keep her from dying.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Sam said.

"Elkins.... Elkins.... Elkins..." Dean began muttering under his breath.

"Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now, they've found some signs of robbery." I said reading over Sam's shoulder.

"Mm-hmm. There, check it out." Dean said after flipping through John's journal and finding what he wanted. Dean handed the journal to Sam and pointed at a name. 'D Elkins 970-555-0158'.

"You think it's the same Elkins?" I asked.

"It's a Colorado area code." Y/n said. We packed up our stuff and headed to Colorado.

We found Daniel's cabin and waited until dark to go in. Sam picked the locks while we waited with flashlights.

"Looks like the maid didn't come today." Dean said looking around at the mess.

"Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door." Sam said looking at the salt.

"You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops I spilled the popcorn' salt?" Y/n asked helping Dean Look through a journal.

"It's clearly a ring. You guys think this guy Elkins was a player?" Sam replied.

"Definitely." Dean and Y/n said in unison.

"That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's." Sam said coming up behind them.

"Yep, except this dates back to the 60's." Dean said.