Salvation

~~~~~~Y/f/n P

~~~~~~Y/f/n P.O.V.~~~~~~

We sat in the boy's new motel room in Manning, Colorado. On the walls was all the information John had about the yellow-eyed demon. John sat at the paper strew table with the coly in front of him. Sam leant against the counter and Dean stood behind John. Y/n and I sat on one of the beds.

"So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just... nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail." John said motioning around at the information.

"And that's when you took off." Dean said.

"Yeah. That's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation." John replied.

"Alright so wat's this trail you found?" Dean asked moving around to the front of the table.

"It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us." John replied.

"Families with infants?" I asked.

"Yeah. The night of the kid's six-month birthday." John responded.

"I was six months old that night?" Sam asked.

"Exactly six months." John said.

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death.... Jessica. It's all because of me?" Sam asked.

"We don't know that Sam." Dean said.

"Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean." Sam replied

"For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault." Dean said frustrated.

"Yeah you're right, It's not my fault but it's my problem." Sam shouted.

"No it's not your problem it's our problem." Y/n said standing to step between the boys.

"Okay. That's enough." John said standing.

Everyone took a deep breath and tried to calm down. Y/n returned to her perch on the edge of the bed ready to step between them again at a moment's notice.

"So why's he doing it. What does he want?" Sam asked.

"Look I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save...." John said looking down unhappily.

"Alright so how do we find it... before it hits again." Dean asked.

"There's signs. It took me a while to see the pattern but in the days before these fires, Signs crop up in an area. Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. And then I went back and checked... and..." John trailed off

"These things happened in Lawrence." Dean said looking at his father.

John nodded. "A week before your mother died. And in Palo Alto... before Jessica. And these signs, they're starting again."