Scarecrow

I was face down asleep in my bed in Y/f/n and I's hotel room

I was face down asleep in my bed in Y/f/n and I's hotel room. I had only been asleep for what felt like seconds but very well could have been hours. When I was pulled from my glorious slumber by the awful ringing coming from Dean's phone in the next room.

"I swear one of them idiots better answer that phone." I mumbled to myself since Y/f/n was still enjoying her sleep. I climbed out of the bed and proceeded to get ready for the day as I was already awake now. I showered and headed out to get food for everyone. When I got back everyone was up and dressed and discussing what to do next. John had told Sam to stop looking for him. he had then given Dean a list of names of missing people. Sam thought we should look for John and Dean wanted to follow orders. We ate in silence and then headed to the car. Sam was driving.

"Alright, so the names dad gave us. They're all couples?" Sam asked.

"Three different couples. All went missing." Dean replied.

"And they're all from different towns, different states?" Y/f/n asked.

"That's right. we've got Washington, New York, Colorado." Dean replied "Each couple took a road trip cross country. None of them arrived at their destination. None of them were ever heard from again."

"It's a big country, Dean. They could have disappeared anywhere." Sam said

"Yeah, they could have. But each one's route took them through the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another, after another, after another." Dean replied.

"This is the second week of April." I said.

"Yep" Dean replied.

"So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?" Sam asked.

"Yahtzee" Dean said "Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? And the different obits dad had to go through. Mans a master."

Sam started to pull off to the side of the road.

"What are you doing?" Dean asked Sam.

"We're not going to Indiana" Sam replied.

"We're not?" I asked.

"No," Sam replied "We're going to California. Dad called from a pay phone. A Sacramento area code."

"Sam," Dean said exasperated looking over at Sammy.

"Dean, if this demon killed mom and Jess and dad's closing in we've got to be there. We've got to help." Sam said.

"Dad doesn't want our help" Dean replied.

"I don't care" Sam shot back.

"He's given us an order." Dean responded.

"I don't care!" Sam replied "We don't always have to do what he says."