Provenance

~~~~~~Y/f/n P

~~~~~~Y/f/n P.O.V. ~~~~~~

Dean was at the bar with a woman and they were leaning close talking. Y/n was off playing pool and flirting with the guys over there while Sam and I were going over a possible case. Sam gestured for them to come over and received two wait gestures. Dean was laughing at something the woman said. While Y/n took her shot. Sam gestured again and Dean's smile dropped and Y/n headed over.

"Alright, I think we got something." Sam said.

"Oh yeah, me too. I think we need to take a little shore leave, just a little bit. What do you think, huh? I'm so in the door with this one." Dean said glancing back at the bar.

"So what are we today Dean? I mean, are we rock stars, are we army rangers?" Y/n asked with a roll of her eyes.

"Reality TV scouts, looking for people with special skills. I mean, hey it's not that far off right?" Dean said before turning to Sam. "By the way, she's got a friend over there. Possibly hook you up. And Y/n has a few she could hook you up with Y/f/n. What do you think?"

"Dean, no thanks, I can get my own dates." Sam replied.

"Yeah you can but you don't." Dean said

"I don't hook up with guys for your information. Flirt yes, they want anything else and I tell them I have a boyfriend. I don't do the whole one nightstand thing anymore." Y/n said to Dean.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sam asked.

"Nothing. What you got?" Dean replied.

"Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York were both found dead in their own home, a few days ago. Throats were slit. There were no prints, no murder weapons, all..." Sam trailed off. Dean was distracted, continuing to check out women in the bar.

"Dean!" Y/n said snapping her fingers in front of his face. Dean turned and began paying attention again.

"No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and windows locked from the inside." I finished what Sam had been trying to tell his older brother.

"Could just be a garden variety murder you know, not our department." Dean said taking a drink of his beer.

"No. Dad says different." Sam said.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"Dad noted three murders in the same area of upstate New York. First one here in 1912, second one right here in 1945, and third in 1970, the same M.O. as the Telesca's. Their throats were slit, doors locked from the inside. Now so much time had passed between the murders that nobody checked the pattern, except Dad. He kept his eyes peeled for another one." Sam said.

"And now we got one. Alright. I'm with ya. It's worth checking out. We can't pick this up till first thing though right?" Dean said.

"Yeah." I replied.