Chapter One

Everything was silent. It would have been unusual, but everybody was out on a mission. It was just a quick one that required them to sneak into LexCorp and recover some intel on a machine that Lex was believed to be building.

Nightwing was the only person apart from Red Tornado in Mount Justice. Nightwing was in his room doing an essay for his business studies class. Red Tornado was recharging in his upper level room.

Nobody heard the crash in the lounge room. The scream that erupted from a girl's lips. The sound of things burning. They heard nothing.

Hours later, the team returned from their mission, joking and laughing about how Lex would respond to finding out his building had been infiltrated by kids. Beast Boy gasped when he walked into the lounge room. Scorch marks snaked up the walls and floor like vines. In the centre of it all was a young girl, no older than fifteen. She was covered in cuts and abrasions and appeared unconscious.

Miss Martian went over to her. Her eyes went white as she entered the girl's mind. A moment passed before M'gann started crying out in pain and dropped to her knees.

"I couldn't get anything. She has some sort of defense." M'gann panted, clutching her head.

"You shouldn't have tried in the first place." Superboy grunted. "A girl appears out of nowhere and your first idea is to attack her mind."

"Back off, Connor." Lagoon Boy warned.

"How about we focus on the girl in the blast centre instead of your weird little love triangle?" Robin suggested.

They glared at the new Robin with an almost piercing gaze, but he just shrugged it off and went over to the unconscious girl. He grabbed her arm but hissed in pain and dropped her.

"What the hell?" He whispered to himself as he gazed at the smoking hole in his glove and the red skin undeneath. "She fucking burnt me!"

"Maybe we should go tell Nightwing?" Beast Boy suggested.

"Yeah," Robin said, "I'll get him."

Robin walked away and went to Nightwing's room. He knocked on the door and walked in.

"Dick, there's a random girl on the floor in the lounge room. Damn bitch burnt me."

"Language Robin." Nightwing said as he swung around to face him, "Any idea who she is?"

"No, M'gann tried to get in her head, but she couldn't. It started a mini fight within her jealous boyfriend club."

"I'll go check it out." Nightwing replied, "And don't let any of them hear you say that." He smiled and walked off.

When they entered the lounge room the girl was levitating. M'gann was floating her, it was the only way to move her without anyone getting hurt.

Nightwing stopped in his tracks, his mouth slightly gaping. "She... did this?"

"No shit, Wing. She's in the middle of it all." Robin replied snarkily.

"Take her to the med bay, M'gann." Dick said, ignoring his little brother, "She needs medical attention. We don't know what she's been through."

M'gann levitated the girl's body out of the room and the scorch marks started to receed, soon becoming an undamaged room once again.

Everyone except Nightwing and Robin filed out of the room. Soon, the two were left alone.

"Any ideas?" Robin asked, standing beside his technical brother.

Nightwing looked around the once charred room, "Not a single one. But, I do know that we need to help her."

Jason nodded in agreement, "You don't want to know anything about that jealous-boyfriends-club fight at all, do you?" He asked conversationally.

Dick sighed in exasperation, "No Jay, I really don't."

Robin walked off. "Boring." He muttered loud enough for Dick to hear.