Chapter Fourteen

A/N: I totally didn't forget that I had to update yesterday. Noooo. Nah, I've just had a bit of a hectic time recently. Thank you everybody who's read thus far, keep reading cause I've written up to chapter nineteen and I'm honestly really happy with where this story is going.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aspen watched angrily as Robin's hands curled into fists and he stormed out, slamming the door loudly behind him. She saw Garth flinch out of the corner of her eye, he seemed tense and confused but obviously didn't want to say anything. She slumped back against the wall and slid down, it hurt but she didn't care. Garth stayed to the side just looking wearily at her.

"If you have something to say, say it." Aspen sighed.

"W-what happened?" He stuttered out.

Her heart panged with guilt. The wasn't a nervous stutter. He was scared. "I remembered something."

"Is th-that bad?"

She sighed softly again, "You don't have to be afraid, I'm not going to hurt anyone. I'm sorry about this."

He stayed still for a moment before sitting down next to her, "It's f-fine. Do you wanna talk about it?"

Her eyes dropped down to the cracked cuff that adorned her wrist and she put on the shirt in silence, "I don't know... It's not my best memory."

That cuff... She needed it. She needed them both. They helped her stay together.

"I'm grown up!" His smile was wide and his eyes hopeful.

"You're eleven Garth." A grin spread across her lips. His smile was contagious.

"And? How old are you?" His smile had turned into a smirk.

She bit her lip lightly, "I don't know... But I'm older than you for sure."

They chuckled, Aspen tensed at the pain but ignored it, "Well you do look older. I think you're fifteen."

"Then I'm fifteen."

The door opened and Aspen looked up hoping it was Robin. But it wasn't, Tula stood in the doorway. "Hey Asp, are you alright?"

Aspen immediately put a fake smile on her lips, "Yeah, I'm fine. Robin and Garth fixed me up."

"Phew, how bad was it?"

Aspen smiled and gestured to her completely bandaged torso, arms and hands. The only place that wasn't bandaged were her cuffs. "Decent."

"Decent!?" The changling exclaimed making Aspen jump, "You were covered in blisters!"

"Dear Neptune... Are you alright Asp?" She knelt down beside her and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

Aspen flinched out of the touch immediately and felt her skin grow hot, it was sort of a defensive reaction, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little sore is all."

"Do you know why Robin was angry?" She asked.

Garth looked at Aspen and she looked down. She had overreacted to Robin, took her anger out on him. He didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve him. "I-I got angry and went off at him."

"Did he do something? I swear-"

"He didn't do anything Tula." Aspen cut her off, Tula looked at her with concern, "He didn't do anything."

"Then what happened?" Tula asked.

"She remembered something." Garfield said at the same time Aspen replied, "Nothing."

Aspen shot daggers at Garth and his face flushed as he muttered a quick sorry.

"What did you remember?"