Chapter Twenty One

A/N: I am so sorry that I took this down. I had it ready and everything, but then I posted it and had a quick read through. The ending was missing. I had to get my friend to take it down for me and everything. It was just a shit storm.
~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"He shut down the link." M'gann said quickly, worry etched into her face.

"I'm sure it's fine," Jason replied, "There's five people in there. More than enough to take him down. Let's just get back to the ship, okay?"

"Alright Rob, but I don't like this. Last time he closed the link he made the team forget six months of memories."

Muffled shouting echoed through the halls, "Probably just Connor. You know how he gets."

Then there was a scream. A high, bone chilling scream. "Aspen." Worry filled Jason and before he knew it, he was running towards the office. She'd screamed, she'd never screamed before. Whatever Psimon was doing must have been bad. Jason picked up pace, bursting into the room. Everybody except Psimon and Aspen were stuck to the walls, unable to move.

He watched as Aspen slowly stood up and opened her eyes, a bright blue glow filling the room. "Oh fuck..." He whispered.

Her head snapped towards him for a moment before going back to Psimon. "Thank you," Her voice was the same, it wasn't distorted like when she normally has her blue eyed moments, "but I'm afraid you're no longer needed." She raised her hand and he lifted off of the ground, she snapped her fingers and light poured out of every orifice, cooking him slowly. She smiled sadistically before curling her hand into a fist and letting out a small chuckle at the sound of every bone in his body shattering simultaneously. She lowered her hand and he dropped to the ground with a sickening crunch.

Jason stared at her in horror. Dead. Psimon was dead. And she'd killed him without a second thought. The others dropped to the ground but no one moved. They all just stared. "Asp?" Jason asked softly, "You in there?"

"Oh she's in here," Atlas replied, head turning to face him before her body did, "She's screaming to get out. Begging that I don't kill you all." Garth, M'gann and Dick walked in, "It's strange actually, she cares so much about people she feels shunned by."

"We don't want to have to hurt you Atlas," Nightwing said, "But if you don't give Aspen back, we might have to."

"No. She's pushed me aside for far too long. She's kept me trapped up inside her head!"

"Please Atlas," Tula replied quietly, "I don't want to hurt you."

This wasn't going to work and Jason knew it. Atlas was pissed, she was just prolonging it, trying to make them trust her. They were just prolonging the inevitable. It wasn't like he wanted to hurt her, he hated the thought of it, he was just being realistic in the situation. This wasn't something you could talk someone out of. "She's not giving back Aspen's body."

"Ding, ding, ding! We've got a winner! You always did understand, didn't you? Maybe that's why she loved you."

Loved? What the hell was she going on about? She cared too? No, this couldn't be right. Relationships never worked in the hero gig so he didn't bother pursuing her. He figured she probably didn't see him that way anyway. For fuck sake, Jason just couldn't catch a break, could he?

A hand reached behind Aspen and threw her out the window, Jason stared at Connor, "What? No one else was doing it."

"If we have to fight her, it's better done in the open anyway." Nightwing said, "I have an inhibitor collar that'll work on her, we just have to get close enough to get it on her."

"What the hell?" Jason spat, "Why the fuck do you have an inhibitor collar for her?"

"Does it matter right now?" La'gaan asked, "Just be glad he had enough common sense to carry something that can stop her!"