RUNAWAY #27

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y   S E V E N

Escape

AGATHA

     Until now, hindi ko magawang alisin ang pagkakayakap ko kay Vivi. I missed her so much!

     Minsan din siyang nawalang parang bula noon kung kailan kailangan ko ng masasandalan. Pero kahit kailanman, hindi ko magagawang magtanim ng galit sa kanya!

     I'm willing to forgive her. And, I'm willing to listen to her.

     "Why only now, Vivi? Where were you when I needed you the most?"

     Tears began to pool in my eyes. Meanwhile, Vivi has her shoulders already trembling. She's crying, too!

     "The bad vampires dragged me out of Diamant de Sang. Ipinatapon nila ako!" She said stoic after she managed to gather herself together again. The hatred in her voice resurfaced to the point that I can feel the harsh words thrown at me directly even if I'm not the one who abandoned her somewhere else.

     "Vivi, how did you survive? Did you come back to our world?"

     Despite the hurt, I still have the right to know what happened to her. After all, she's the only blood-related family left to me.

     And when I say that, Père is not family ever since I was born. I didn't consider him as one.

     "Yes, dear cousin. Nakabalik ako in a discreet way. Tinulungan ako ni Majordome." She answered.

     Walang atubili niyang sinasagot ang bawat tanong ko. Through that, I can see she's telling me the whole truth!

     "Majordome? We just met recently. Yet, he didn't mention you to me."

     Confusion devoured my way of thinking. Bakit nga ba hindi niya man lang nabanggit ang bagay na 'to sa'kin? Is he against me now?

     "Agatha, don't you ever think negativity towards him. The man is loyal. One more thing, he knows about I and Zachary's plan. Iniisip niya lang ang kapakanan mo.  Either way, something serious is happening to you when he visited you." Litanya ni Vivi na parang nabasa ang nilalaman ng isip ko.

      Ayaw lang sigurong pangunahan ni Majordome ang tadhana. He wants it to come to me naturally.

     Tsk. Tsk. I hate how she always knock some senses to me. I guess, that will never change. Dati pa naman ganyan na kami. We're so close! Siya iyong mature. Ako naman iyong may pagka-isip bata.

     Tumango ako. Oo nga pala't critical ang condition ni Aidan noon. Majordome didn't want me worry too much.

     I'm grateful though. Hindi niya ako hinayaang lamunin ng kabaliwan.

     "When do you plan to come back?" Pagbasag niya sa katahimikang sandaling namayani sa'ming dalawa.

     "Soon, soeur."