proluge

Damian wasn't one to wish for things, at least not useless objects.
But when it came to mr. grayson... that was a different story.

It was yet another night, sitting on the ledge of the bathtub, staring onto the floor, holding one of dicks shirts he had left at the mansion.

He shook his head, tears streaming down his face, he looked up at the mirror, sudden enragement causing him to punch it.
He sobbed, falling to his knees and crying into the blue shirt.
"Young master, are you alright?" Alfred asked from outside the door.
"Yes alfred, i am fine thank you."

The butler nodded and walked away while damian looked around seeing a shard of glass that had fallen off the bench.
He picked it up, examining it for a moment, remembering bruce saying something about how dangerous glass could be when it cut you.

He rolled up his sleeve and pressed it into his arm, making a deep cut.

Is this what love does to you?
Hiding a romantic need from someone without knowing about it, then when you realise, theyre already gone.
Feeling so lost you can barley breathe. your heart speeding up at the thought of them, making you feel sick to your stomach.

Lonely nights, curled up in bed and crying uncontrollably while everyone is asleep?

Damian watched the blood crawl out from his skin, his hand shaking.
He swallowed hard and folded the glass in the shirt, cleaning up and leaving the room, entering his own and putting on a jumper.

"Young master, dinner is ready" damian hid the shirt under his pillow and walked downstairs, where bruce was sitting at the table in a singlet and dress pants. "Can i ask why you're wearing a jumper in the middle of summer?"

"Can i ask why you have to know everything? Im cold alright." Damian said sarcastically and started to eat some vegtables. Bruce growled under his breath and began on his meat. "You need to learn some respect for people"

Damian rolled his eyes. "Well if it's that bad then you'd send me back to mother." No, thats not what he wanted.

"You know i can't do that" bruce said simply and continued to read his book. Damian slammed his hand's on the table dropping the frork and making alfred flinch.

"Says who!! Are you deliberatly trying to cause me pain!? You know i don't wanna be here! I hate you! All you care about is being rich!" He yelled at him.

"Sit down please" bruce said again calmly. "No! Im not going to take this crap anymore! You don't care about me anyway!" Bruce glared at him. "Damian, you know for a fact that you're my son, i have no reason to hate you."

Damian balled his fists up. "Like hell you do! If you did care you would let me go on patrol with you!"

"I stopped letting you go on patrol because you kept trying to kill everyone damian! We don't kill people! Batman doesn't kill people!"

Damian scoffed " thank you for dinner alfred" he said pushing his chair in and heading to the training room.

When somebody hurt's for a long enough time, it breaks them.
A broken person is not always depressed, they can become agressive also.

Damian became agressive, he cried more, he spoke less.

Even his arguements weren't as strong...
But as he always thought, his look's where more important than his personality.

To him, he needed to be stronger for the sake of gotham, for the sake of dick... he wanted him back, maybe if he fought enough then he could fight his way into seeing him again.

He wanted dick back, he needed dick back. It was hard, he always pretended to hate him.

Tears streamed his face as he beat up a  boxing bag, slowly stopping to cry. He leant foward and hugged the bag, pretending it was dick.
Just the thought, crying into the man's chest, with his arms comfortingly wrapped around him.

But of course he would never do that, would he?
Maybe not in public but... if he ever got the chance, he would do it for hours on end.
Not letting go and just insulting him as well as crying.

That's what damian needed, comfort. Not from anyone, from dick.
From dick grayson, the person who hurt him the most, but made him so happy.