chapter 10

read the story with the song, probably just put it on repeat.

{ill be good - Jaymes young}

When Damian got up to leave, he felt a little bit dizzy. "fuck" he whispered, trying to catch his balance. he caught himself on the edge, trying to hold himself as he slipped. eventually he pulled himself up, coming face to face with he last person he wanted to see right now.

the fucking joker.

"hello there birdie!'' he said in a sickening tone. "let's go on an adventure!" he grabbed Damian's arm, but surprisingly he didn't fight back. maybe the joker would actually kill him today? there where no traces of him being kidnapped, and bruce couldn't just leave the part.

and dick...he wasn't even nightwing anymore.

so what was the point? his mother certainly didn't want him back, who would? as far as he knew he was just a rude 14 year old that everyone wanted to slap. he caused trouble, that's right isn't it? it was right of the joker to drag him into a black helicopter and tie him down.

but what he didn't know, is that people cared more then he thought. dick wasn't a complete idiot. He got up and ran downstairs, going to a stressed out father known as Damian's dad. "bruce..." what he was about to say wouldn't help though, in fact it would only make everything worse. ''yes Dick?" he said croakily, removing his head from his hands and leaning back on the couch. 

"Damian is missing..." bruce fell pale, his hand's started to shake. nobody had seen him like this, looking like he was about to pass out. "how do you know that?" Dick swallowed thickly. "i got into his room...the window was open and there where no traces of him... his bag was missing too" 

"he must have ran away... " bruce stood up, about to go into the bat cave. "no wait" dick stood in front of him. "Dick what are y-" "you have a party to attend to bruce, stay here. go on with it. i'll find him." Bruce blinked a few times, before speaking again "i thought you quit su-" "stop thinking about what i said. this is Damian, anything could happen to him out there"Bruce hesitantly agreed to Dick going, leaving to tahlia. "what happened?" she stood up he took bruce's hand. ''come dance and i'll talk" he said and took her over to the floor, resting his hand on her lower back and taking her hand, he leant foward and spoke, trying not to make it look awkward. "so will you tell me now?" she asked, looking around the room and feeling anxiety building up inside of her. "damian is missing..."

Dick went down to the cave, running around and going to the suits, finding his nightwing one. "still torn...i cant wear this..." he turned to a batman suit, then sighed "sorry bruce" his pulled out the suit and put it on, getting into the batmobile and running around the city, viewing the tracker bruce put on damian. "fuck"