chapter 9

Damian sat up in the corner of his room, holding his head and crying for hours on end.

Now his secret was out, Bruce called off the party, only making Damian feel worse.
This was horrible, imagine...

It's like standing in a room with only a candle, that candle was your secret, then the wind finds it and blows it allowing everyone to know it existed.

That's what it was like, in a sense. So now he was left in the complete dark, rain falling outside of his window while dick sat against the bedroom door. "Damian...."

He didn't reply, only silence. "Damian look... I don't know why your self harming, or why you won't talk to us.... To me... I mean of course, you know That you can trust me... That's up to you though I guess I really can't control who you trust.... Which is apparently nobody..."

Damian by now was in his robin suit, pulling his hood over his head and having a bag full of clothes, money and a pocket knife in it.

He swallowed hard holding onto his katana handle a little tighter. Qietly he pushed the window up and slipped outside, making it past security and running downtown.

Dick had heard the window slide open, throwing it off as much needed air. "Damian ..." He sighed "look, I'll come in later when your asleep just.... Don't do anything stupid" he said walking downstairs and turning to Bruce. "I think he fell asleep" he said gently taking off his bowtie. "We'll have to talk to him tomorrow morning"

Damian sat on the top of a building, eating cheap food from a plastic container, he wouldn't Lie, it tasted amazing. But he couldn't eat it all the time.

He finished and stuffed the container into his bag and looked up at the sky.
"Watcha doing out here?" Damian jumped and turned around seeing Harley, furrowing his brows and turning around. "Kill me now if you will, I'm sure father would be pleased..." Harley frowned and sat next to him.

"Did batsy do something?" Damian examined her for weapons, then shrugged "i guess so...i-i mean like...hes just...its not just him, its Nightwing too." Harley let out a humming sound, swinging her legs over the edge. "maybe...isn't he your dad or something?'' Damian nodded, obviously tired. "i would say go and talk to him, but it's batman we're talkin' bout here. ya' can't stay out here foreva' though. Mista j is looking for you" Damian sighed "i guess your right, why do you hang with him if your so against him?"

"I don't know, adult relationships are complicated. He pulls me in, treats me well,  then he pushes me away as if its nothing" Damian started to think, then looked up at her again. "Isn't that how it's supposed to be?"

"No, they're supposed to treat you well. Tell you they love you, kiss you, maybe get married, have kids ..." Damian noticed the sadness in her voice from the word kids. "Did you guys have kids?"

Harley looked at him sadly, then nodded "yeah, her name is Lucy. She lives with my sister though, I wish I could see her... All I know is that she looks like me and she likes putting tutu's on cars"

Damian chuckled, looking down "sound's cute..." Harley smiled "yeah... Go home and talk to your dad though ... Sort it out" Damian nodded "thanks Quinn"

A/n: I may or may not add more with Harley in this...or i'll make a sequel about Harley and her daughter...maybe even ivy 😉