chapter 12

Damian had his bath, he didn't talk. dinner was silent, but he didn't eat. Jason watched him quietly, hoping he would eat something.

"Damian..." Damian looked up at Jason, a tired expression on his face. "What?" "You should eat..."

Damian shook his head, standing up "don't tell me what to do Todd. Ever." Jason swallowed thickly, looking over at Bruce.

Dick cleared his throat in attempt to stop the silence "maybe we should have a ah... Family talk with Damian...try see what is wrong?" Thalia nodded in agreement "that sounds like a good idea"

Dick quickly finished his food, going upstairs and walking into Damian's room. "hey Damian?" Damian looked up, tired eyes. "Yeah?" He said. "Um.... can you come down to the main room in an hour?" He said. Damian nodded slowly, hiding something under the pillow. "Whats that?" Damian nervously shook his head "n-nothing...."

Dick huffed "i'll be back up soon" He nodded slowly, watching as he left. As soon as he could no longer hear his footsteps, he pulled out a flask and a cigarette packet, he walked into the bathroom, hesitant to try these two new things. He swallowed thickly, opening the flask. 

'alcohol is a bad addiction, not exactly something you should constantly drink, unless of course you are at an event. then it's acceptable' bruce's voice was slow and raspy, but Damian was silent. still 12 at the time, he didn't quite understand why Bruce drank in the first place.

he swallowed thickly, flipping the lid on the flask and taking a sip. the feeling of it, burnt on his tounge. he cringed at first, but soon started to like it. taking another sip. he felt a little bit light headed, his body trying to get used to the chemical. "well then..." he closed it, opening the cigarette packet, pulling out a smoke and a lighter. 

Shakily he put the cigar in his mouth, running his thumb down the metal piece and pressing it down on the red button. a flame flickered up, bringing it to the cigar about to start it up, when his breath blew it out "fuck" he muttered. nobody in the family smoked-(not that he knew of), so this would have been a shocker for them. 

thats if they ever found out.

when he finally lit it up, he sucked in through his nose. he was very new to this, so he wasn't getting anything. he huffed, sucking in through his mouth this time. toxins filling it up, making him cringe. the taste was horrible at first, but he liked it at the same time. he smiled, taking in more.

once he was halfway through and drinking again, he heard footsteps. "Damian?" it was Jason. "yeah?" he opened the bathroom door, catching him with the cigar in his mouth and doing up the flask. "Damian..." he jumped, looking up at him, then back down. He cleared his throat, shakily putting down the flask. "Todd." Jason took the cigarette out of Damian's mouth, placing it in his own. Damian watched him, he couldn't help but blush a little bit. "what?" he said, looking at him as he packed away the flask "n-nothing...." he looked down, rubbing his wrist shakily. "c'mere" he closed the door and puled out the gauze. Damian let Jason take his arm, rolling up his sleeved and opening the flask again. he grabbed a bit of toilet paper, using the alcohol as an antiseptic. "is this clean vodka?" he asked before putting it on. Damian nodded, looking down. 

Jason nodded, blowing out some smoke and wiping down Damian's arm, making him cringe. "here" he pulled him closer, helping him hide his face. "it'll muffle your crying so you don't embarrass yourself" Damian nodded, resting his head on his shoulder. 

soon they came downstairs, sitting with the family. "whats going on?" Damian asked, his voice quiet but squeaky. "sit down" Dick pat the spot between him and todd. He hesitantly nodded and sat with them, looking up at bruce. "do you wanna tell us about your self harm?" 

He became paler, swallowing thickly and shaking his head. "n-no, i don't. i really don't" "why?" dick sighed, placing an arm over Damian's shoulder. "Dami... please? we can't even figure out what's wrong, and we want to help you"

"well, i don't want your help... i can help myself" Jason groaned, turning to him. "Damian. your idea of helping yourself is drinking, smoking, cutting, bottling everything up and pushing everyone away. christ, i even give a shit about you..." "master wayne"

Bruce looked up, a confused expression "carrie, Barbara and tim are here sir" Bruce nodded "bring them in" Damian looked around, panic overflowing him. He became shaky, staring at the trio as they walked in. Tim came in and sat on Jason's lap, smiling weakly. "hey baby" he kissed him. Jason kissed back, holding his arm around him. "what_ are you two dating?" Bruce said quickly. "yeah, is that okay?" Jason asked. "i don't mind, just a bit of a surprise" 

"okay, these guys are here now. can i go?" he went to stand up, but Barbara forced him to sit again by grabbing his shoulders and pushing him down. "no, we are here for you." Damian looked around. "please...Damian" dick gave him a sad look. Damian frowned, shaking his head 

"you wanna know whats wrong? you decided to be an asshole from day one" he pointed at bruce.

"you left me behind" he pointed at Tahlia. 

"you two made me feel worthless" he pointed at Jason and tim.

"you two are fine, but dick. you had more affect on this than anything else. i fucking hate you!" Damian went back upstairs, breaking down into tears. Dick felt like he had just been totally crushed, swallowing shakily. 

"well then..."