chapter 11

Acknowledgements

To my  classmate TJ (tim) for getting me off writers block with this chapter.
I didn't plan it out and i'm on writers block but he's a DC fan and thank lordy i have to sit next to him because if it wasn't for him this chapter wouldn't exist.

Thank you tim.

authors note: gotham is a futuristic version of manhattan so....yeah.

"Fuck" dick speeds up the bat mobile. Damian was at the empire state building and Dick knew that it could mean two things. He was either trying to kill himself, because after they found out he was  cutting then the possibility of suicide was very high.
Or, he was kidnapped.

Nobody expected this, not from Damian anyway. Nobody saw the pain he was hiding, after the glass incident dick was surprised nobody got suspicious about it.

While dick was trying to track him, Damian was silent. being held down by the architect. he didn't care, he had given up. he had no fight left in him. "We caught the birdy!" Joker clapped and laughed, then went serious again. "Time to show you how much pain i'm in because of him." He brought out a blade, coming and turning Damian over. "Let's get rid of that mask first, shall we?" He said in a sickening tone.
Damian knew, even if he did die, and even if his family probably didn't care about him, he could at least spare Bruce's identity.

Joker leant down, about to pull off Damian's mask, but only to get a bite on the hand. "OW YOU BRAT!!" He stood up and kicked him in the ribs. Damian whined out, turning over with his hands tied back.
"I'll show you who's boss here. And you wont lay a hand on me, or teeth" he grabbed Damian's collar and yanked him to a chair, throwing him on and tying him down, stepping on a button and making it move down so it was flat.

Trust me, joker prepared. He even had the decency to steal a hospital bed. "Lets see..." joker ran his hand over multiple tools that could be used for torchure. "Ah!" He picked up a scapel and turned to Damian, unbuttoning his shirt and pressing it to his skin.

He cried out in pain, struggling as joker carved his name into the pale flesh.
Suddenly there was shouting, and the sound of bullets. "Ahah, they must have caught basty!" However, everything fell silent. "Bring him in boys!" But there was nothing, so shuffling, no groaning.

Nothing.

■●▪time skip brought to you by this faggot▪●■

Dick had finally arrived, but something was off. he rushed up to the top floor of the building, his cape flying behind him. "Damian!?" he finally got to the door, expecting the guards to be there. but no, they where...but they where dead.

bullet's to the head obviously. "what?..." dick knelt down and examined him. "hm...." he recognized the bullets, but didn't go too much into it. he turned and opened the door. but...everyone was dead. obviously apart from the two figures standing on the edge of a broken window. "why so serious Jason!? i thought we where buddies!" the joker exclaimed.

"in your fucking dreams!" he shot him through the head, his body falling limp as he fell to the ground outside the building. "Jason?" 

Jason turned around, taking off his mask and looking at Dick. "Hi" he said in a deep and dark tone, but at the same time it sounded relaxed. "wh....but your dead! scarecrow where the fuck are you!" he spun round looking for a masked figured. "Dick....you should probably be paying more attention to Damian." he pointed behind dick.

Damian was there, crying and hugging himself.

this was a nightmare, terrifying actually. he had been cut, burned, flat out torchured. he was scared, there was not mistaking it for anything else.

fear. Damian's current biggest weakness. Dick took off his mask, dropping it and running over to him. "Damian" he pulled the smaller boy into a tight hug, rubbing his back. "your safe now..." he said, whispering into the sobbing 14 year old's ear. he took off the cape, wrapping it around him and picking him up. "coming home?" he asked Jason. Jason nodded "i wouldn't call it home. but yes, i am coming with you guys."

Damian curled up against dick, shutting his eyes and shivering. 

soon enough they where back at the mansion, Damian had fallen asleep on Jason's lap, due to the lack of space and Damian having to drive. "Alfred!" dick called out, getting up and taking off the suit "yes master di- Jason?" Alfred looked surprised, seeing the man standing there in suit and all. 

surprisingly without any bullets to the head either. "hey Alfred" Jason set Damian down on a chair and smirked. "Alfred!"Dick called, making the elderly man look over to him again. "pardon me sir, i got distracted with master Jason's return. how can i help you?" he asked. "grab some clean clothes for these two please, and run a bath for Damian, he needs it." Alfred nodded and turned, going and doing so.

Damian whined, waking up slowly, cringing in pain when he was fully awake. "Damian, stop moving and relax" Dick knelt down and made him sit back again. "todd?" was the first thing he said. "yep, the one and only scumbag who you hate. hi, i saved your life, your welcome!..." he knelt down in front of him next to dick "can i talk to him privately?" he nodded, going upstairs as he buttoned up his shirt. 

when he was gone, Jason turned and looked at Damian. "i hear you've been cutting..." he said, looking at him with a sad expression. "yeah so? not like anyone cares...i'm just here for money, you even know that." he said, looking away from him. "no Damian, thats not true. i care, your mum cares, dick cares, your father cares, christ even tim cares about you. and you know that... but doing this to yourself isn't okay. its not an escape, it makes everything worse for yourself." Damian rolled his eyes, looking back at him and taking off his mask, revealing tears. "and how the hell would you know that? HM?? you don't know what its like to be me, you don't know anything! you ran away for christ sake!" Jason sighed. 

"you'd be surprised...i was in the same place as you, depression and self harm and thinking nobody cared about me..." Damian looked up at him. "c'mere" he opened his arm's to him. Damian stared at him for a moment, before leaning forward and hugging him.

Jason held his arm's around him, rubbing his back gently. "now, Alfred is running a bath for you, so let's go" he said, taking him upstairs. 

Thalia was sitting there with bruce, in a purple dress and looking troubled. she looked up when she saw the picture frame behind her move, revealing Jason and Damian. quickly, she moved bruce's arm and rushed over to her son.

she embraced him into a tight hug, making Damian cringe in pain "ow mom!" she quickly moved off, looking at him "what happened?" Damian looked up at Jason, holding the cape tighter around himself. "let's just say a very bad- and very dead- person got ahold of him" Jason said. "hey bruce" bruce usually wasn't the person to become emotional and touchy, but after the things he discovered about Damian, Damian running away, and the return of Jason happening all in 8 hours...it was hard not to become emotional. 

bruce hugged Jason, slowly breaking into tears. "its good to see you again." he turned and looked at him so "and you too" he said, hugging him tight, but being careful. Damian was silent, before hugging back.