chapter 5

Now that damian knew dick was in town, he felt slightly worse.
His stomach grumbled while he walked downstairs only to see something worse.

Oh for heavens sake!

Standing there was the last  person he wanted to see right now. Standing there was dick, talking as if he never left in the first place.
Damians heart ached as he looked down fiddling his thumbs. "Um f-father" he said shakily making everyone look up, each with a drink in their hand.

"Can i go out for a bit? Alone? " he asked nervously. "No dick, you may not. Come down here and say hello to your brother." Damian swallowed hard, tempted to shout at bruce and say he wasn't his brother but decided against it.

He walked down and stood as far away from dick, but wanted to stand closer.

Maybe if i stand closer it would help?

He moved over next to dick And pulled over a seat, looking down. "How have you been damian?" Damian looked up and shrugged "okay" he muttered, his heart fluttering at the sight of him,
And his voice, that got damian the most.

"Just okay? What happned?" Damian looked up at bruce who turned to dick. "Damian slipped and hit his head on a mirror by accident in hawaii, then on our way back the airport found a shard of glass in his bag folded between a shirt that was apparently, accidentally put there." Dick looked at damian concerningly, he knew damn well that a shard of glass couldnt be accidentally be put in someones bag folded between clothing.

Then talia jumped in "and apparently they found traces of blood on it, so they did testing and found out it was damians blood, but he doesnt have cuts or anything on hi-"

"-I cut my foot by accident." He said quickly, worrying dick even more. "Oh, intresting." He said.

"So, dick, would you like to stay here while your in town?" He asked. Dick smiled brightly "is that okay with you guys?"

Oh no oh no oh no!!

"Yeah! You can stay in damians room!" Damians heart dropped and he quickly stood up. "I'll go clean up then" he said running upstairs and bursting into tears after closing his door.

He held his hand over his face crying uncontrollably. 

Damian could have sworn he was cursed. What did he do to deserve this?  First he falls in love with dick, then dick leaves, damian becomes depressed, the airport find his only escape frome reality and then next thing you know it, dick was here! about to walk back into their lives for a few weeks.

Damian started to clean, forgetting about the bathroom that he had prohibited Alfred to enter. He made his bed and hid dick's shirt under the mattress.

Dick knocked on the door, while damian sat on the bed quickly. "Come in" he said qietly turning on the tv in attempt to look normal.

Dick walked in with a spare pillow and sat next to damian. "Are you alright?" He asked looking over at him.
Damian bit down on his lip. "Im fine." He lied.

Dick looked at him arm, his breath hitching. "Damian"

"What?"