Chapter Nineteen: Part Six

This chapter is weird! Uberly, super weird!! There are two limited 3rd person POVs in this chapter, so don't get confused!

---------------------------------------

Hinata was scrolling through the spines of books that sat on the bookshelves of the library. The shelves reached halfway towards the ceiling, which was pretty tall for a bookshelf since the ceilings were towering and domed.

He sighed, sliding the pad of his finger over the spines. Once he got to the end of the shelf, he lowered his level of view and continued with the shelf underneath. He silently repeated to himself in his head, “Japanese Literature. Japanese Literature.”

He had been at the library for the last hour instead of arriving for theatre class. Haruka’s cheery voice still echoed in his head.

“Go to the library and skip theatre class. You’ll get more work done that way. We’re simply having a free day for theatre class today.”

Hinata couldn’t exactly object, but he wished that Haruka could have just suggested to himself that maybe Hinata wanted to participate in that free day, too. He would have been allowed to sleep, then.

But on the other hand, he was glad that he didn’t have to attend theatre class that day.

The girl he loved was in that class.

He shook off the memory. It was probably better if he had tried to forget about that girl. He should focus on school work, or finding another girlfriend. There were other fish in the sea.

In that very same minute, his thoughts were interrupted by audible voices.

Hinata frowned. How bothersome. The school library was supposed to be for silence.

But he was able to hear the voices that sounded through the library. The words they said weren’t audible enough to be clear, but he could help approaching the sound of the voices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keita stepped into the school library, hastily sighing. It was a bit of work walking all the way from the theatre room to the school library. It was a whole different building!

Keita was fully aware that the girl was trailing directly behind him, yapping non-stop. This didn’t help his mild exhaustion at all, and it was definitely not suited for being inside a library.

“Go to the car,” he ordered. “Megane is waiting for you outside.”

“Isn’t he waiting for you, too?”

“You can go alone. I have to stay after school.”

“I’ll stay with you.”

“No. Go to the car and go home.”

It felt strange with the girl walking with him now. Keita couldn’t get the fact out of his mind that there was someone in love with this girl.

He didn’t want to fall in love with this girl, too. It’d be horrid, having the girl choose between them. He knew that if she ever did have to choose, he would lose.

It wasn’t as if he was in love with her. It wasn’t as if he was going to fall in love with her.

But this girl was so oblivious to Amanatsu Mashiro liking her that she doesn’t like him back.