Talk Too Much - Fluff

this song is a favorite of mine for cheering myself up and every time I can't help but think of Spencer. I just couldn't resist. hope you all enjoy!

by the way, I tried to time the song to the story, but I ended up failing miserably and I don't recommend it. you're probably better just listening to it before reading (or at least enough to get the gist of the song, because it's kind of important)

-

"You guys are all coming tonight, right? Party at the bar a block from my place?" Morgan asks, pointing an accusing finger around at the group as you all gather your things at your desks. You look up and lock eyes with Spencer right across from you, and you do that thing where you have a conversation with your eyes. Only with Spencer can you do it, but somehow it's the easiest thing in the world. You'd think Garcia distracting Morgan by messing with the height of his chair that she's residing in would disrupt you two, but it all fades to background noise.

You going? He asks, eyebrows raised.

Maybe, you say, glancing from your papers to Morgan and Garcia and shrugging.

Paperwork? He questions sympathetically, and you shoot him a sad smile.

We should go, he answers, setting down his own papers. You take a deep breath and nod, setting down your folders too.

"Spencer and I will be there, Morgan," you tell him, but he's so distracted with teasing Garcia he barely hears. You and Spencer laugh, and Emily shakes her head.

"He is aware that there's about a million bars in the vicinity of his apartment, right?" She asks jokingly, and you smile back.

"Yeah, but you'll know it when you see it. Trust me, it's the only one that screams Morgan," you tease, and Morgan miraculously still doesn't seem to notice a word you're saying about him. Emily chuckles, zipping up her bag to take home.

"So what you're saying is look for the one bar I'd only go in to get hit on by every living thing in the place?" She asks, and you nod strongly, both giggling.

"Well, actually, there's over sixty-five thousand bar and nightclub establishments in the US, and it's arguable that every single one of them is a place for people to hit on each other," Spencer cuts in, and Emily rolls her eyes laughingly and walks away halfway through, sending a wave. You wave back and force a smile, but kind of hate the disappointed look on Spencer's face as he watches her stroll off while he's talking. You've always had a soft spot for Spencer, and although he pretends it's fine and doesn't care too much when you're on a case, you know that underneath it makes him a little sad to know people don't bother to listen to his statistics. You always make an effort to listen, both for his sake and yours. You love hearing him talk, and he has some pretty funny obscure facts sometimes.

"It's arguable that anywhere on earth is a place to get hit on, Spencer," you laugh, gathering up the last of your things. His smile returns at your comment as he pulls his messenger bag onto his shoulder, and you beam back at him. God, you love making him smile.

See you tonight, his eyes say happily, and you give him a little nod as he turns and leaves. Why does he have to be so cute?

--

"(Y/N)! You're late!" drunk Derek greets you, stumbling forward as you pass him on the dance floor. Random girls help him get his balance, and you're not even a little surprised as they take the opportunity to touch him excessively.

"Yeah, looks like I missed loads of fun. Where's the team?" You ask, laughing, and he hazily points you towards the back. You pat his shoulder and go in the general direction he said, spotting them soon enough. Emily and JJ are laughing over their beers, Garcia is drooling at Morgan over hers, Hotch and Rossi were apparently too good to show yet, and Spencer is standing stick straight, looking wildly uncomfortable.