Babysitters - Fluff

"(Y/N), please, it's Spencer

"(Y/N), please, it's Spencer. I'm at JJ's watching Henry for the night, but something's wrong. I don't want to worry JJ on her road trip with Will, but I need your help. Come as soon as you can, okay?" You replay Spencer's message, cursing. The sun is setting crazy early this time of year, and you hate driving in the dark. But with a message like that, you dropped everything and ran to your car.

Okay, so maybe 'dropping everything' consisted of dropping your bowl of popcorn and throwing off your blanket cocoon when you finally checked your phone before settling in officially to watch your favorite movie. But Spencer left you that voicemail nearly fifteen minutes ago, and the vagueness and worry in his voice have you freaking out.

When you finally make it to your friend's house, you jump out of your car in haste. Running up to the front door, you knock feverishly. A moment later, the door swings open to reveal an out of breath Reid with a laughing Henry on his back. You furrow your brows, lost as hell. Spencer smiles broadly and waves you inside, and you stumble like a zombie into the doorway.

"You said something was wrong?" You say, unsure of what's going on. Spencer closes the door behind you and Henry laughs evilly.

"Yeah, you can't play monopoly with two people! It's just wrong!" Henry exclaims, shrieking with joy when Spencer bounces him in attempts to get him further up and easier to hold onto.

"My message may have been a bit misleading, (Y/N)," Spencer admits sheepishly, giving you a sly smile. Your jaw drops and your shoulders slump in exasperation. He giggles, still visibly proud of himself.

"You look cute, by the way," he comments before shooting off down the hall with Henry laughing wildly. You're frozen where you are, glancing down at your outfit. You're sporting an old ice cream stained t-shirt four sizes too big, spandex shorts that show off your unshaven legs, and, to top it all off, your hair is in a frizzy braid that you did half-backwards when trying to get it out of your face.

"Goddammit," you mutter to yourself, pulling out the braid and doing your best to comb through your tangled hair with your fingers. It's not like Spencer hasn't seen you in some pretty ugly situations, and he certainly doesn't care, but it'd be nice to not look like a walking piece of shit, you figure.

"Are you coming or not, Auntie (Y/N)?" Henry calls from the other room, where you presume they're preparing monopoly.

"Yeah, join us, Auntie (Y/N)!" Spencer yells, and you finally break out in a laugh. This whole thing is entirely ridiculous.

"Coming, boys!"

--

"Henry, no, I'm not falling for that trick again. Now go to sleep," Spencer orders, making Henry pout and you laugh. He's a devious little devil, and an expert at postponing bedtime. Finally, you and Spencer managed to wrestle him under the covers. Now it was only a matter of telling him goodnight and shutting the door, but you had no doubt that if he really wanted to, Henry could still probably weasel out of this.