Secret's Out - Fluff

Birds are chirping. Sunlight is shining. Covers are warm. You wanted to say it was the perfect morning, but there was something missing from the picture. Spencer. He wasn't in bed beside you. As much as you teased him about being impossible to sleep with as he was literally a human ice box, there was nothing in life you loved more than waking up to have his messy hair in your face and his freezing fingers on your waist.

You groan, knowing you should get up and look for him. He was most likely making coffee, probably on his second pot or something ridiculous. You smile to yourself thinking of the times you've actually hidden his coffee grounds so he couldn't make any more. Tough love, you called it.

"Ah, fuck, ow," you wince as you try to sit up. Speaking of tough love... let's just say that the previous night had been... lots of fun. Sliding out from under the comforter, you steal Spencer's discarded button down to put on, knowing how he feels about you wearing his clothes. You slip on your panties, too, but his shirt is so long it barely matters.

"Spence?" You call out meekly, sneaking out from the bedroom into the hall. You hear voices coming from the kitchen, and figure Spencer has some podcast on the radio playing. You run your fingers through your hair and head towards the noise, hoping he's also made some sustenance for breakfast that he'll share with you.

"Spencer, it actually hurts to walk right now, and it's all your fault. You'd better have breakfast ready for me if you're going to make me wake up to an empty bed after last night," you complain as you step into the kitchen.

When you enter, though, you instantly freeze in place. Hand halfway through your hair and eyes wide, you find yourself staring down not just your boyfriend, but three of his coworkers. You frantically try to remember their names from the descriptions Spencer has given.

Emily, you think, is staring at you open mouthed with her brows furrowed. You're pretty sure JJ is the one blinking over and over like she's expecting you to disappear any moment. Garcia is unmistakable, hair sticking up almost as far as her eyebrows have shot up. Her hand covers her mouth in disbelief.

You snap your eyes to Spencer, giving him a panicked look as you find the sense to drop your arm and pull on his shirt in hopes of covering yourself further. He's looking back at you nearly as fearfully, glancing from you to his team members.

"Uh, (Y/N), this is Emily, JJ, and Garcia. Guys, this, uh, this is (Y/N). My- my girlfriend," Spencer chokes out, breaking the silence. You flash a sheepish smile, waving pathetically. Emily's face fades from confusion to smugness, a smirk growing on her face that she tries and fails to hide. JJ licks her lips and also seems to be holding in a laugh. Garcia just keeps staring, looking like she just got the breath punched out of her. After another minute of painful silence, Emily wolf whistles.

"Reid, I'm impressed," she says, eyeing you. JJ smacks her arm, shooting Emily a glare before turning and smiling at you sympathetically.

"What she means to say is it's an honor to meet you, (Y/N)," she tries to cover, nodding kindly. You smile back at her, backing away slowly.

"I-I'm gonna go put some clothes on. A word, honey?" You ask sweetly, giving Spencer a pointed look. He quickly sets down his mug and scurries out of the kitchen, following you. When you're safely tucked away in the bedroom, you turn to face Spencer frantically.

"What are they doing here?!" You question, searching the floor for your clothes. He runs his hands through his hair and takes a deep breath.

"I don't know!" He answers, and you stop your hunt for pants and send a glare his way.

"What do you mean you don't know? That's not how I wanted to meet them, Spencer," you whine, and he steps closer to you.

"I know it's not, shit, I'm sorry, (Y/N). They apparently had a girls night last night, and they were driving JJ home this morning when they passed my building, and they're still pretty hungover, so-" Spencer stops to take a breath, and you stop running around to just look at how worried he is too. You lean up and give him a kiss, pushing some hair behind his ear. When you pull apart, you rest your forehead on his even though it means standing on your toes.