Chapter Four

I groan waking up. Sleep is just so peaceful, I wish I could just stay there all the time. I sit up and I rub my eyes, maybe today will be a good day.

I crawl out of bed and I walk over to my closet and I grab a pair of black skinny jeans and a light weight purple jumper. I pull off my clothes and I throw my clothes on before grabbing a pair of black and white vans from under the bed.

I pull them on before shoving my phone in my back pocket with my wallet and keys. 

I strut out of my room and into the kitchen. I pull open the fridge and I grab an old hamburger from Mc Donald's I think and I throw it in the microwave.

I jump up and I sit down on the counter next to the small apartment sized stove. I kick my legs back and forth as I think. I bet my mate is gonna be ugly and super pushy.

I bet she is gonna be in to some weird stuff.

I laugh and I pull open the microwave. I grab the hamburger and I begin eating it. When I'm finished eating I leave my apartment.

I don't know what I'm gonna do today. Once I exit my apartment I make my way down the street and into the gang building. Sean is sprawled out on the couch sleeping from from a hangover, Karma is snorting cocaine at the breakfast bar, and Zeke is making something at the stove near the back.

What a lovely group of people.

I sit down on the ground near the door and I sigh. Everyone's heads jerk towards me, I'm guessing they didn't hear me come in.

"Want some?" Karma asks.

I shake my head, "Nah you do you."

Zeke laughs, "See, Jasper is the smart one in the group."

"That not something that you should be proud of."

He laughs, "That's true."

Sean groans and sits up, "I feel like shit."

I laugh, "Wow that sounds like as personal problem."

Zeke walks over and sits down next to Sean, "I don't know what I want to do today."

I sigh, "Me either."

Karma shrugs, "I'm driving to Kansas today."

Sean groans, "I wanna do something today."

I stand up, "Well lets go do something."

They all turn and look at me funny.

"We can go play some football in the park or um go look at puppies in the mall." I say jokingly.

Sean nods and stands up, "Yup lets go look at puppies at the mall."

Zeke and me look at each other with worried faces before turning to Sean.

He must have seen our faces because he laughs and says, "What puppies are cute!"

"The mall it is." I say scratching my head a bit.

Zeke nods, "Why not? I'll just eat my food later."

Karma shakes his head and goes back to doing drugs. I feel like every time I see him he's doing drugs.

That was that and almost twenty minutes later we are standing outside of a mall packed with people.

____________________________

I guess if you've made it this far I should tell you some stuff about myself.

My name is Jesse and I'm fourteen years old.